Forums

"Impossible" Puzzle (Part II)

Sort:
haz0rd

you're right , how about doesn't matter which queen but Qd3, Qb5. Depending on how black reacts, you can do Qb7, Qb8, or Qc6 if he decides to take knight.

Fralnp

Sorry for the "crosspost" RetiFan...

RetiFan

What about

1. Nb8+ Bb7 2. Rc8 Bxd5 3. Nc6# or

1. Nb8+ Bb7 2. Rc8 Kxa7 3. Rxb7#

AlCzervik
Fralnp wrote:

The nasty problem is that White cannot afford to waste time to prepare checkmate or whatever zugzwang he has in mind since Black has always Be6!, threatening to check with Bxd5+ and no more checkmate in 3 possible. Also the direct Na6+ leaves the a7 bishop unprotected after Bb7 and White is faced again with the "threat" of Bxd5+ with check. This one really a toughie...

Waste time? This doesn't look like a bullet game. It looks like no game I've seen, and I'm sure that's why it's presented as a puzzle.

RetiFan

TMIMITW By waste time he means waste 'tempo' as a chess saying.

Also I still think my solution is correct: 1. Nb8+ Bb7 2. Rc8 Kxa7 (2. ... Bxd5 or Bc6 3. Nc6#) 3. Rxb7#

Fralnp
RetiFan wrote:

What about

1. Nb8+ Bb7 2. Rc8 Bxd5 3. Nc6# or

1. Nb8+ Bb7 2. Rc8 Kxa7 3. Rxb7#

Only problem is 1. Nb8+ Bb7 2. Rc8 Bxd5 come with check... Yeah life stinks sometimes...:(-

RetiFan

Aww so closeYell

Fralnp
TMIMITW wrote:
Fralnp wrote:

The nasty problem is that White cannot afford to waste time to prepare checkmate or whatever zugzwang he has in mind since Black has always Be6!, threatening to check with Bxd5+ and no more checkmate in 3 possible. Also the direct Na6+ leaves the a7 bishop unprotected after Bb7 and White is faced again with the "threat" of Bxd5+ with check. This one really a toughie...

Waste time? This doesn't look like a bullet game. It looks like no game I've seen, and I'm sure that's why it's presented as a puzzle.

Huh... Guess you answered your own question.

AlCzervik

Refi, "tempo" is an overused term here. Again, 4 queens! NO chance of losing. Yes, mate in 3 is not easy to see, but, it will still be mate.

RetiFan

Also, I'm starting to think that mate in 3 doesn't exist.

AlCzervik
Fralnp wrote:
TMIMITW wrote:
Fralnp wrote:

Huh... Guess you answered your own question.

No. I answered yours.

Fralnp

Alright! Think I finally got it! 1.Kb2!! and wherever the darn bishop go it seems to be always checkmate in 2.

If Ba6 or Bb7, then Qg8 followed by Qxc8 mate

Bd7 2.Na6+ Bc6 3.Bxc6 mate

Be6 2.Na6+ Bxd5 3.BXd5 mate

Bf5, Bg4 and Bh3 are answered by Na6 mate.

So it seems to be a elaborate zugzwang finally...

AlCzervik

It will be mate no matter what. Isn''t that the goal? To win?

True_Beginner

It seems that the heat turned up.

Gentlemen, as you know, puzzle doesn't has to always occur in real games.

That's puzzle, only to make us find out what the correct moves.

And now, several tries are still failed.

The closest one is as what Fralnp said, Kb2!!.

But it's still fail to Bd7!!!
I give it one more exclam. mark to show you that it's prevented mate.

Camilleosky
Fralnp wrote:

Alright! Think I finally got it! 1.Kb2!! and wherever the darn bishop go it seems to be always checkmate in 2.

If Ba6 or Bb7, then Qg8 followed by Qxc8 mate

Bd7 2.Na6+ Bc6 3.Bxc6 mate

Be6 2.Na6+ Bxd5 3.BXd5 mate

Bf5, Bg4 and Bh3 are answered by Na6 mate.

So it seems to be a elaborate zugzwang finally...

is that's it?

hardtounderstand

That's just stupid puzzle....No one cares as these positions do not occur practically,Don't have to waste time solving it....

Here_Is_Plenty

Im sorry, Im not great at puzzles but what is wrong with Nb5?

True_Beginner
hardtounderstand wrote:

That's just stupid puzzle....No one cares as these positions do not occur practically,Don't have to waste time solving it....

Math Word Problem:

Anwar has 1 apple, and then an angel from ABC Planet gives him 1 apple, how many apples does he have?

No need to answer, because ABC Planet doesn't exist.

Or maybe because you have no idea to solve the puzzle, Mr. 2116-rated?

True_Beginner
Here_Is_Plenty wrote:

Im sorry, Im not great at puzzles but what is wrong with Nb5?

I tried that too, Sir. But I got nothing. What will Nb5 do?

hardtounderstand
True_Beginner wrote:
hardtounderstand wrote:

Math Word Problem:

Anwar has 1 apple, and then an angel from ABC Planet gives him 1 apple, how many apples does he have?

No need to answer, because ABC Planet doesn't exist.

Or maybe because you have no idea to solve the puzzle, Mr. 2116-rated?

That's just ridiculous....You wrote the topic impossible puzzle..A puzzle that is unable to solve and yet everyone is trying to solve...:D.Yeah,I know maths....6can't be equal to 5,no matter how hard u try...This puzzle is the same example....