Tactical advantage

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #1


  • 5 years ago · Quote · #2


    This was a very interesting post! Does this tactic have a name?

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #3


    Well, this came up in one of my games.There is a technical term...I think it is deflection. First, I eliminate one of the defenders of d5 (the knight). Then I eliminate the other defender while simultaneously separating the rooks. Once that is done, I capture the pawn, therefore skewering the rook and king. The deflection is when you make a piece move away from defending or guarding another piece or space. In this case, it is when the 2nd knight is captured. Hope that helps!

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #4


    Well, yes. But if you just say "removing the defender", then you may mean "capturing" the defender, or "deflecting" the defender.

Back to Top

Post your reply: