Forums

The most difficult 2-mover problem I've ever seen!

Sort:
Asorski

Warning: If you can't solve this problem within a 2-hour period, please stop solving or you will go mad!

White mates in 2

KeyserSzoze

1. qb3 after 2 minutes, can t see the following

KeyserSzoze

1 qb3 nc5 2 rxc5#

Asorski
KeyserSzoze wrote:

1. qb3 after 2 minutes, can t see the following

1. Qb3 d1=Q!!!

KeyserSzoze

double check from rook and queen

waffllemaster
KeyserSzoze wrote:

double check from rook and queen

Yeah, but it's not mate, you have to find a mate in 2 to solve it.

e.g.
1.Qb3  d1=Q
2. Rcd4+ Kc6   or   2.Rc5+ Kxe4

Scottrf

Asorki, are you sure this is correct? It's not the same as the one I solved.

rstoledo

Saw 1.Nf4+ Nxe4 2.Nxe7++

Scottrf

@rstoledo 2... Bxe7

Asorski
Scottrf wrote:

Asorki, are you sure this is correct? It's not the same as the one I solved.

Yah. This is slightly different. The original composer's idea will be revealed here.Cool

Asorski

Everybody please keep on solving. I don't want to sleep until this puzzle is solved. It's already 1:40 Am here in the Philippines!

renalboy

What is the point of problems in impossible positions? White has 16 pieces + king + 3 pawns, therefore position could never arise; what possible practical lesson could one learn from this nonsense?

Martin0
KeyserSzoze wrote:

1 qb3 nc5 2 rxc5#

I guess that was a big fail as the knight is pinned at b7 and  it isn't mate as black can play 2...Kxe4

I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. The position can never arise, but still a funny problem Smile

Asorski
renalboy wrote:

What is the point of problems in impossible positions? White has 16 pieces + king + 3 pawns, therefore position could never arise; what possible practical lesson could one learn from this nonsense?

The practical lesson here is: How to solve impossible position without the help of an engine!

Because of the availability of many solving machines (engines), many people now tries to ask the help of computers to solve a particular chess problem.

The maker of this problem intentionally put more pieces than the usual we've seen on the chessboard. This is to discouraged cheaters and engine users. Only the real solvers are welcome here.

As I've said this problem is very very difficult!  Solving this will bring a smile to a solver's face. This is not a Problem composing competition. We're just having fun here!

Now please try to solve it if you want.

Again, stop solving if you cannot find mate in 2 within 2 hours or you will go mad!

Martin0

1.Re5+ Nxe5 2.Nxf4#, but unfortunality no mate after 1.Re5+ Kxc4 Frown

Asorski
Geticus wrote:

Analizand  pozitia observ:albul are 20 piese:1K;2Q(+1);4R(+2);4N(+2); 6B( din care:2B black(+1) si 4B white(+3) +3 pawns =20 pieces; prin promotie puteau rezulta +5 figures nu 9 !!!de unde inca 4? Apoi negrul are pioni dubli pe coloanele : f (f3;f4)  h(h3;h6) si b5;d2;e7 =7 pawns dar inaceasta structura trebuie sa aiba loc cel putin 4 capturi de piese albe!!!intrebarea este catepiese are albul? 16 sau 24? CONCLUZIA: POZITIE ILEGALA!!!

Thanks for the observation Geticus. You share common sentiment with renalboy. For the explanation please read my post # 15.

C-nack

Nb6 Rd4# (rook from e4, dunno how to note it)?

Asorski
Cnacnel wrote:

Nb6 Rd4 (rook from e4, dunno how to note it)?

Then Black king can escape at either c6 or e6. Please try again.

Asorski

I wonder who can solve this very very difficult puzzle.Cool

Don't use an engine please. Let's have fun!

Here again is the diagram:

White mates in 2

TasmanianTiger

Nf4 + Nxf4 2. Nxe7#?