Forums

When I am hungry

Sort:
Sherlock__Holmes

I am not sure if this is exact but i mean help mate is when black pieces help white and reverse - white king must be mated instead of black.

And i must say this puzzle is a joke .

nswwsn

In that case 0) set up board correctly

then procede with the 2 move checkmate

Sherlock__Holmes

Yes, after placing white king and queen on normal places it is well known blunder mate:

It is strange that even when white king is on  'd1' solution is possible :

nswwsn

How'd did you manage to get it to do that? Doesn't it only allow legal moves?

Icy001

No,

And white's king is safe. :)
Sherlock__Holmes

I was thinking this way : this is a helpmate puzzle and if so, any help is welcome. And when it appeared that the white king can fly from time to time , i used this .

Sherlock__Holmes

This puzzle is not a joke :

white to play and win

nswwsn
Can you teach me how to do the flying king thing I always wanted to play Kc6+!! followed by Kd7# but was never able to get the logistics of it?
As for the puzzle is this right?
Edit: this loses for white I'm not sure what I was thinking
element18

Puzzle 327 @Sherlocks_Holmes, I just did this in very shallow analysis and I think the solution posted by nswwsn may be flawed. . .  sorry if this is redundant or has already been covered

Caiello

is this the general idea for the solution?
Sherlock__Holmes

I don't have the solution for 327,so we can discuss it .

I think after 1.Nd5 a4 white can play 2.Nb6+ :

nswwsn

@ element18 Although I can't say I'm certain I'm right (I realized my solution for 339 is quite wrong) in 327 I responded to a4 with Nb6+ followed by Nxa4

Sherlock__Holmes

Caiello, in your line black can play 5...Qc1 :

element18

Yeah I am an idiot there i looked at it again this morning and was on my way to say this line but you guys beat me to the punch. sorry about that, i'll have to give these more of a good think before posting next time eh?

Sherlock__Holmes

It's ok, we paid attention to this line of the puzzle and it is interesting too

Sherlock__Holmes
echecs06 wrote:

WhenI am hungry:

The name of the blog comes from the first puzzles .Unfortunately, i have no more from that kind, but have many others.

Sherlock__Holmes

I am sorry, but in #339 i posted a wrong position Embarassed - the 3 white pawns on the left must be a row up :

White to play and win 

Sherlock__Holmes

I apologize once again - i noticed it just now - wanted to post the solution and saw the difference in positions.

Sherlock__Holmes

The solution for #350 -author - A.Dunder :

Sherlock__Holmes

The importance of castling in proper direction