FREE - In Google Play
FREE - in Win Phone Store
Another one and I don't know why it isn't Kh8. Hope someone can help me, thanks for reading this.
You can use Stockfish to answer such questions in a few seconds.
1. Click the '?' button below the diagram to display the solution.
2. Use the arrow keys to reach the specific position of the solution that you want to check.
3. Click the Engine Analysis button below the diagram.
4. A line of analysis is shown above the diagram - click the Analyze button at the end of the line.
5. An Engine Analysis window is opened. You can adjust the number of lines to be checked by Stockfish by clicking the gear icon.
For instance, in your second position, Stockfish indicates that after 3.Qe7+, there is little difference between the four king moves and White has an easy win regardless of where it goes.
In your first puzzle, after 1...Kf8, Nxh5 attacks the queen with a pin on the f7 pawn that loses the knight and either loses the queen or gives worse problems.
I don't see why not Kf8 in the second one either. Kh6 gives a second pawn for free.
Not really, black is gonna lose the second pawn anyways. The position is resignable
Agreed - he just doesn't lose it immediately.