Forums

1 Year Anniversary on Chess.Com (What lies ahead?)

Sort:
winerkleiner

Today, Jaunuary 5th is my 1st year anniversary here and I am looking forward to year #2.  I am just uncertain of my journey from this point here, anyone have any advice on the chess world from here on out?

I was told:

1st year=paper chess board

2nd year...

trysts

Happy anniversary, winerkleiner! My advice "on the chess world from here out", is to continue questioning your sanityLaughing

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:

Happy anniversary, winerkleiner! My advice "on the chess world from here out", is to continue questioning your sanity

Lol good advice and I do.  I have notice the ads here are more pronounce and are rather annoying, welcome to a no cost free ride here, I guess (the price sort to speak, to pay here). 

winerkleiner

Warning (but no big deal): on your1st anniversary here you will be swamped with ads continuously, weee

winerkleiner

Has anyone else find that on the one year anniversary (on the exact day) these ads come 60 times an hour? 

Said ads are numerous and appear in the bottem left on the screen.

winerkleiner

To do list: 

Start Guess winerkleiner's secret #2

It's a good one.

winerkleiner

Just received a trophy from this fine site congratulating me on another year!  It said I am "a long term member", it that really a long term member here?  Do a lot of people leave within a year? 

Chess.com deserves more respect!

winerkleiner

A snapshot of my two years here:

438 total games

238 wins

189 loses

10 draws

46 trophies

1217 rating

trysts

Forty-six trophies?! You mean pictures of ice cream cones and tacos?

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:

Forty-six trophies?! You mean pictures of ice cream cones and tacos?

Yes and "thumbs ups" and "good games" also, lol!  I am willing to trade them for a night on the town! 

winerkleiner
BudBoomer wrote:

life sucks then you die

Lol, worm party!

trysts

The cool part is that in two years you gained 17 rating points! So you can actually become the oldest grandmaster ever! I think Moses was something like 800 years old, but he never played chess. You'll probably have to have a ratings surge when you're 600 years old, but if you eat well and exercise then I have no doubt that you'll do it. Happy Anniversary, winerkleiner!Laughing

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:

The cool part is that in two years you gained 17 rating points! So you can actually become the oldest grandmaster ever! I think Moses was something like 800 years old, but he never played chess. You'll probably have to have a ratings surge when you're 600 years old, but if you eat well and exercise then I have no doubt that you'll do it. Happy Anniversary, winerkleiner!

Lol, I might need to get that in writing to live that long, if I do you can send me a trophy?

trysts

Laughing

winerkleiner
THETUBESTER wrote:

Trysts and the Weiner both posted almost exactly one year ago on this thread. 

Weiner, after a solid year on here, we need to start heading you in the direction of 1400 rating.  Don't settle for less than that.  And if you start cheating, by all means, don't tell us.  I can't keep a secret for sh%#.

I don't ever seeing me hitting 1400 rating (can't teach an old dog new tricks), I've been asked if I want to be coached but chess is fun only, I don't take it real serious, and the coaches might only become irritated at my learning style (or the lack of).  And as far as cheating, that's not my style either.

winerkleiner

Today is my 3rd anniversary on Chess.com...and is this site better for it?  Probably not, lol!  One thing is for certain, my trophy list has deminished as has my IQ, (that's two things) lol.  Peace boys and girls!

trysts

Wow, three years! And you gained seven rating points this past year! I'm having a vodka/tonic right now to celebrate:)

winerkleiner

Just 7 points?  Oh well, I'll have a vodka/tonic with you!  I'll make them up now, no ice?

trysts

Mine has ice, and I'm on number two. The first one seems to always disappear too fast:)

winerkleiner

Ok with ice it is!  You're staying up late tonight.