x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

2+2=5 can it be true?

Yes, absolutely. It all depends on how you define numbers. You see, numbers are just symbols and they don't have meaning until we define it.

For example, if it was defined in Natural numbers' order in math this way:

0              1               2              3                5                4             ö

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then 2+2=5   ( also 2+3=4 and 2+5=ö )

Calculators and computers would be adjusted accordingly. 

KFC would have ö pieces of chicken tighs on their menu

Brian Adams would change his song's title to "Summer of ö9"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

be open minded and learn from real experts 

skdjglkdjgisdfhgdsiofgkswadp[foaspd[foopsdfhiosdjfgiosajdfgiodfjgiopsdfjgoisdfjgsopdifgjaspoidgjasoifgjdafiohsdjfghpoisdjfgopisajgpoiasdfjgdpofihjdsgfohipjasdpfogkweoptiopdgfbmxcv,lbmal;v,dwoprtiofghnsdlkfgasfdklgjasdfiofhioggdjas!  

(This is actually part of Shakespeare's Mid Summer Night's Dream, if you look at the English language under a different lens ) 

antonio: just leave the classroom!

No, I disagree. The sicilian was refuted a long time ago.

who is sicilian? nm i hope u learned something today. 

Yeah I did thanks. Just use apples and usb sticks next time.

2+2=5 is true, since the word "true" could just as well mean "false". Masters in math can learn from masters in logic and semantics.

Zwit wrote:

2+2=5 is true, since the word "true" could just as well mean "false". Masters in math can learn from masters in logic and semantics.

I can't change true/false, because it's english not math! anyway, it doesn't really matter because when ur teacher fails u, u will know.

u have to also consider many other languages. for example, in arabic true is  صحيح  the king of Saudi Arabia won't be happy if u mess with their language. he's ok with ö though. he's particularly fond of that number because that's how much in dollars it costs them per barrel to extract oil.

Well for sure /2+2=5 because you get the two lines from = and make them into a plus so you have 2+2+ and then you get the forward slash and turn it so it makes a 1 and then you have 2+2+1 which indeed equals 5 

LikeToasters wrote:

Well for sure /2+2=5 because you get the two lines from = and make them into a plus so you have 2+2+ and then you get the forward slash and turn it so it makes a 1 and then you have 2+2+1 which indeed equals 5 

i see that u learned nothing! in the definition i gave above 2+2+1= 4

I didn't look at your comment. I'm sorry if I offended you.

null

nice tshirt but 5 is also extrem grosse. maybe they just manufactured it after my thread Wink

Yes indeed. 

As to 'T' time -yes - there is no Time. Time is only a concept of the observer. This is why Einstein did not like quantum mechanics. Space is not an empty vaccum and 'gravity' is false also. No Big Bang no dark matter no dim matter no black holes ( of whatever type) comets by the way not dirty ice snow balls either....Nothing you ever been sold is true.

Einstein dug quantum mechanics but he was also puzzled by it.

btw u start like a sane person, but ur ending is not very healthy for u. just saying...

Finally! Another person who thinks the way I do! tongue.png It really is all defined by humans. But I saw you in a comment say that you can't change "true" to mean false since it's english. But you know english is also man defined it could as well be x = true and then change it to x = false. It's important to remember that we can't just change them now though because everyone have accepted them the way they are and now we build on top of that. It's still fun though to point out that 2+2 could be equal to 5 or whatever else! grin.png

alienCY wrote:

Finally! Another person who thinks the way I do! It really is all defined by humans. But I saw you in a comment say that you can't change "true" to mean false since it's english. But you know english is also man defined it could as well be x = true and then change it to x = false. It's important to remember that we can't just change them now though because everyone have accepted them the way they are and now we build on top of that. It's still fun though to point out that 2+2 could be equal to 5 or whatever else!

I'm not saying I can't change true/false. I'm just saying it's not my job as I'm not a linguist. Anyway, in math when your dealing with numbers in equations, when you have both sides equal ( = ) there's really no need to further emphasize if it's true or false. 

Using your logic
    2+3= 4
    Not ö
    Bringing us back to where we were

Online Now