A Thread About Nothing

HessianWarrior

Pink Floyd   "Comfortably Numb"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

ivandh

I know a few people bet on the Knights at the beginning of the season for fun, their $5 will get them a few grand if they win it all.

Firstcomment

and a lifetime of addiction to the evils of gambling heartbreak despair pain suffering go golden knights

shadowcat53

That needs a sad song..   .

HessianWarrior
Firstcomment wrote:

and a lifetime of addiction to the evils of gambling heartbreak despair pain suffering go golden knights

That's what counts now. 

In 1996 the woman and I couldn't be stopped at winning. We had $29,000 in govenment W2's. You get those when you win $1,200 or more from the machines.

I played mostly Blackjack and you never get those W2's when you win over the 12 hundred, so a lot of my winnings the government never saw.

Half way into '97 our luck changed and so now we don't gamble. We have no state income tax here in Nevada because the gamblers pay it for us.

Pulpofeira

The one who organizes it, that's the winner of any lottery.

Pulpofeira

My SIL and family are on the East coast right now (Mediterranean, you know :P). They were watching that Real Madrid vs. Liverpool match and they are all surrounded by Englanders...

HessianWarrior
ivandh wrote:

I know a few people bet on the Knights at the beginning of the season for fun, their $5 will get them a few grand if they win it all.

There is a ticket out there that someone put down $400 at 300 to 1 for them to win the Cup, 120,000 grand.

HessianWarrior
Pulpofeira wrote:

My SIL and family are on the East coast right now (Mediterranean, you know :P). They were watching that Real Madrid vs. Liverpool match and they are all surrounded by Englanders...

Did they cheer when their team scored?

Pulpofeira

She would have, for sure. But their feelings for RM are not very warm, they support Barcelona (like trysts, btw)

Pulpofeira

But it is vs. an English team, after all.

HessianWarrior
Pulpofeira wrote:

But it is vs. an English team, after all.

Well who actually won Pulp, Real Madrid or Liverpool?

HessianWarrior
shadowcat53 wrote:

That needs a sad song..   .

Nice tune Frank, never heard it until now.

HessianWarrior

Another sad tune Frank. Kansas "Dust In The Wind"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12DeNdF0KPA

That tune has haunted me ever since it first came out in 1977.

AlCzervik

Pulpofeira

Real Madrid, 2-1.