Forums

Board Games YOU Play

Sort:
kgwkyle

We all play chess, and I'm sure most of us have played checkers and monopoly. What other board games do you play; maybe some unique games that nobody has heard of?

I play: 1960: The Making of the President,  Acquire, Axis and Allies (all versions), Battle Cry, Robo Rally, Vegas Showdown, and more!

StrategicPlay

None. 

HulkBuster62

HAHAHA!!! Strategic, I think Kyle was hoping for something a little more constructive than that. :-p

HulkBuster62

Ahh.. stratego. An ex-gf taught me that. She used to train a hockey team and had the children play out the roles of each of the pieces.

kgwkyle

Looked at Stratego just a few minutes ago; it looks simple compared to some of the games I listed XD even looks simpler than Risk

HulkBuster62

Yeah, but it's surprisingly fun. You should give it a try just once or twice to see what it feels like to play.

kgwkyle

Maybe :)

HulkBuster62

Don't "maybe" me, Kyle. I'm serious. Give it a shot. If you want an example of simple rules which give you a great 'feel' as you play then I don't need to look any further than Go. So Stratego's simple rules shouldn't prejudice your assessment of the game.

I can give you a Stratego game online if you'd like. We'd have to find a server which does it.

kgwkyle

Thanks, but I am on too many websites daily already :)

HulkBuster62

Hahaha! Awww. Never mind. But the offer remains open should you change your mind.

M-W-R

I love Risk and Statego :)

kgwkyle

Ok thanks shahhussainkcl! M-W-R, have you ever tried Axis and Allies? Its just like Risk, but much more complicated :) 

HulkBuster62

Hey! That sounds pretty interesting. Is there an online server for Axis & Allies you're on? 

M-W-R

I will try that game :). How many people can play it?

kgwkyle

gametableonline.com (not sure if it is free anymore, it was when I joined several years back)

in A&A, you can have up to 5 players (in the standard version) :)

Knight_Soul

Stratego. There is a PC game called Probe - that is Stratego, for a PC. 
also Risk. then there are the old hex war boardgames by SSI.
also there was a bookshelf series of games - Space War, Qiuxt, Fuedal Castle, that were made back in the 70's. Don't know if I am remembering the names correctly or not. 

HulkBuster62

I'm busy creating an account now on gametableonline.com

Do you want me to put your GTO ID in the registration form so they know you referred me?

M-W-R

Oh that game! I have played that before! The only thing that would have been better is if instead of being one specific country trying to take only 4 other major countries, you should be able to start wherever you want to and create your own empire, like Risk :) Sorry if this is confusing!

M-W-R

Oh that game. I have played that before! The only thing that would have been better is if instead of being one specific country trying to take only 4 other major countries, you should be able to start wherever you want to and create your own empire, like Risk :) Sorry if this is confusing!

kgwkyle

shahhussainkcl- if you want to (kgwkyle; same as here)

M-W-R- I just love the more strategy and time it takes for A&A, and also the history behind it