Forums

Euro 2016

Sort:
madhacker

Kicks off a week Friday! Excited? Predictions?

BlargDragon

I just like watching a good match, and cheer the teams that play well and cleanly. If I have to pick a team to get behind from the start, I usually go with my ethnic makeup... but since England, Ireland, Germany, and Sweden all made it in, I have no idea.

madhacker

Go for Germany if those are you options I'd say. I've got them down as favourites even though a lot of people are saying France.

madhacker

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/jun/01/euro-2016-the-complete-guide-to-every-squad-and-every-player-in-france

This gives just about all the background info anybody could ever want to know!

Ghostliner
Denmark forever!
madhacker

Denmark '92, Greece '04, Wales '16 Tongue Out

Ghostliner
I'd raise a glass to that! Still cheering on the Danes though, sorry mate 😎
madhacker

Don't think they've even qualified this time

Ghostliner
Really? Bugger, I'll have to reassess then.

England? Do me a favour...
Charlotte

i hope England will do ok, i was glad Hodgson stayed after the world cup. it is very open and any team could have a good run, even Portugal.

madhacker
Charlotte wrote:

even Portugal.

Lol.

madhacker

Charlotte, tried to reply to your message about wallcharts but it wouldn't let me for some reason... I didn't even realise such things still existed - it casts my mind back to primary school and filling in the results from WC'90 and Euro'92 Laughing

BlargDragon
madhacker wrote:

Thanks for that link!

Charlotte
madhacker wrote:

Charlotte, tried to reply to your message about wallcharts but it wouldn't let me for some reason... I didn't even realise such things still existed - it casts my mind back to primary school and filling in the results from WC'90 and Euro'92 

i'm not writing the results in it, it's just for the dates of matches. i had to trim the edges to make it fit my fridge door Wink

klasse

I use to have a prediction competition and this year I was late but if you like you can join it. Euro 2016 Prediction.

klasse

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/euro-2016-prediction

klasse

We pick four teams we think will reach the semifinals, the team that will win the tournament and how many goals that will be scored in the semifinals and the final ( not goals during penalty shoot out ).

Charlotte

it would be better to nominate once the last 16 have been decided and fixtures known, no? no-one would actually gamble on what you suggest, right now.

Charlotte

anyway, busy day Saturday Wales play at 5 then England later on, hope both win

klasse

Perhaps we could first predict the winners of the groups and after we know who will play each other and the way to the finals we predict the teams in the semifinals?