Forums

How much is your beer?

Sort:
princecharming555

Hello all newbies, how are you all. I am Prince Charming. Nice to meet all of you. I am an Artist. I love meet new people as well as making new friends. I like to watch Hollywood Movies as well as Bollywood Movies and want to know about then as more as possible. So if you really want to know about ohow much is my beer, then i will tell you that i am not like to drink Beer. It is a Intoxication in our Society. And i don't like any Intoxication in my life.

cabadenwurt

Well as this thread is about beer let us continue with that subject. Recently I bought a bottle of a beer called Mongozo ( from Belgium ). It is a nice average beer but what I found interesting about it is that it is Gluten free and also Organic ( is it then a health-beer ? lol ).

TheGrobe

How did it taste?  Most/many gluten free beers are made with sourgum which is horrid stuff.  This one says it's a "buckwheat white".

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Grobe. My regular brew is of course still the one and only Old Style Pilsner. This Mongozo beer also calls itself a Pilsener ( they use the extra " e " lol ) but it reminds me a bit of a light beer. They have a list of ingedients on the label which reads: water, barley malt, rice, yeast and hops, no wierd stuff there.  

ivandh

I am not a big fan of dark beers, but I recently purchased a bourbon stout and let me say it was well worth the $9.

Most of the pilseners brewed here use the surplus e as well. I think they are named after the town and environs of Plzen in the Czech Republic, which means that pilsner should have two 'e's, but no i. But I suppose if they sample enough of their own product it becomes difficult to spell anything correctly.

AlCzervik

There's no "I" in beer!

(except of course, if asked, then yes, I will have another)

cabadenwurt
ivandh wrote:

I am not a big fan of dark beers, but I recently purchased a bourbon stout and let me say it was well worth the $9.

Most of the pilseners brewed here use the surplus e as well. I think they are named after the town and environs of Plzen in the Czech Republic, which means that pilsner should have two 'e's, but no i. But I suppose if they sample enough of their own product it becomes difficult to spell anything correctly.

Nice to see your post Ivandh. Being a fan of history I could add a couple of points here. Prior to 1918 the town in question was called Pilsen and that area was contolled by the Austrians. After the end of World War One the map of Europe changed a bit but the beer is still Pilsener ( or Pilsner  lol ).

cabadenwurt
AlCzervik wrote:

There's no "I" in beer!

(except of course, if asked, then yes, I will have another)

--- That is a very good policy AlCzervik.

TheGrobe

As the bourbon stout goes, I assume aged in bourbon barrels? Some of these are phenomenal, especially when the oak starts adding interesting flavours (is that vanilla? Nope, oak.). Many of these just get better with age too, especially if really high in alcohol. The alcohol bite fades to the background and the flavours mellow nicelyrics to the point where it can taste like candy. Make no mistake, though, all that alcohol is still there.

cabadenwurt

Yesterday was St.Patrick's Day but I did not have the usual brew from Ireland. However I did manage to locate something interesting: Irish Cider by WM Magner of Clonmel, Tipperary ( 2 thumbs up for this one ).

cabadenwurt

Just had the chance to try a nice beer from Poland called Zywiec, in production since 1856. All those years of brewing this brand seems to have helped them to put out a good beer, I like it a lot. 

badenwurtca

I think that Edinburgh must be a nice place. I've never been there but it is the location of John Crabbie & Co. This outfit brews a Alcoholic Ginger Beer that is a bit out of the ordinary but tastes very good.                              

badenwurtca

Earlier this morning as I was listening to the radio one of the DJs mentioned that this is " Lager Day " and I'm sure that Brewmasters everwhere started to cheer wildly. As it turned out I did not have a Lager in stock here so I settled on an imported Pilsner with my lunch ( a Radeberger, very nice ).  

badenwurtca

Recently I bought a Beer imported from Austria called Edelweiss, cute name that  lol.

ivandh

I was fortunate to be in Czech Republic this summer and of course could not leave without sampling the Pilsner there. My favorite was a black and tan with dark Kozel beer and the classic plzen brew. Beer is rather cheaper too, about 3 or 4 dollars for a half-liter, compared to 5-6 for a pint here.

badenwurtca

That sounds like a great holiday Ivandh. I mean to get to see the sights of Europe and also do some beer-tasting as well, can't do much better than that. 

badenwurtca

Sometimes I wonder if Brewery workers tend to be happy on the job. For example in the city of Edinburgh we find the John Crabbie & Co. Brewery. I mean with a name like that can the staff there be happy or not  lol. Btw I bought a bottle of their Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer recently, not bad at all.

AlCzervik

Did it make you crabby cabby?

fischerman_bob

Rasputun is beer! Black! Pilsners (coors, budweiser, etc) are imposters. Lite means watered down. Save some money! If you like Miller lite (or any lite beer) simply buy regular miller and then add water.

badenwurtca
AlCzervik wrote:

Did it make you crabby cabby?

---   AlCzevik: No I tend to get quite happy after a glass or two ( or three ) of Beer. Being Ginger Beer it had a nice interesting flavour.