Forums

How much is your beer?

Sort:
badenwurtca

National Geographic magazine is a very good publication that has been in print for many years with many interesting articles from all over this planet and beyond. So why would I mention that here ? Well if you look at the front cover of the Feb issue you will see the photo of a beautiful glass beer-mug filled with a nice golden brew. The main title reads: " The Birth Of Booze  ---  Our 9000 Year Love Affair With Alcohol " ( very interesting stuff   lol ).

badenwurtca

Tom T Hall: " I Like Beer ! " 

AlCzervik

hall sounds like a good dude.

badenwurtca

Yes Tom T Hall had out quite a number of hit songs years ago, " I Like Beer " was recorded back in 1975.

badenwurtca

Bump

badenwurtca

Well it had to happen sooner or later, some people might get tired of regular beer so someone needed to develop " Wunderbier ", yup the Big Rock Brewery up here has created Wonderbeer. I tried some of their " Dunkelweizen " ( Dark-Wheat ) version, not bad at all. 

badenwurtca

Sometimes we see things that make no sense. For example there are contests where people are actually given prizes for playing air-guitar or for throwing frozen cow-pies ( quite useless to be sure ). However in Abensberg Bavaria a fellow named Oliver Strumpfel has just set a new record by being able to carry 29 full mugs of Beer, now that is a very usefull skill   lol.

El_Oval

To paraphrase Chico Marx: 29 beers? That's okay for me but I got a partner.

badenwurtca
El_Oval wrote:

To paraphrase Chico Marx: 29 beers? That's okay for me but I got a partner.

---   Yes that is a quite a funny line   lol.

MEXIMARTINI
badenwurtca wrote:

Sometimes we see things that make no sense. For example there are contests where people are actually given prizes for playing air-guitar or for throwing frozen cow-pies ( quite useless to be sure ). However in Abensberg Bavaria a fellow named Oliver Strumpfel has just set a new record by being able to carry 29 full mugs of Beer, now that is a very usefull skill   lol.

http://www.star2.com/food/2017/09/06/world-record-carrying-beer-mugs/

badenwurtca

Meximartini: Thank for putting up the link for the video.

lofina_eidel_ismail
MEXIMARTINI wrote:
badenwurtca wrote:

http://www.star2.com/food/2017/09/06/world-record-carrying-beer-mugs/

he was breathing were all over the beer 🍻 mugs that were closest to his nostrils, gross!

🤦

MEXIMARTINI

You bet baden.  I got chu.  Cool

Lofina.  What if he had a breath mint tho?

lofina_eidel_ismail

null

these are ok😊😇

MEXIMARTINI

Haha kudos Lofina. 

Ageiswisdom

Beer is for the proletariat. Never touch the stuff. Yuk!

badenwurtca
Ageiswisdom wrote:

Beer is for the proletariat. Never touch the stuff. Yuk!

---   Well as the OP has not visited this site for a while I will ask you a logical question in his stead. As we each only have a certain amount of time here on this planet before the " Grim Reaper " drags us away then why are you wasting your precious time commenting on a drink that you do not even like ??? 

ivandh

I have recently been drinking the Great Lakes brewery's Oktoberfest, a crisp smooth Marzen, one of my favorite types of beer. The best I ever had was in Heidelberg, where my old research advisor was from, and maybe a few other fellows I know...

Endapuppy
Does cider count?
cr0okedwheel
Yes, I guess....