Forums

How much is your beer?

Sort:
AlCzervik
nimzo5 wrote:

Guinness tastes significantly better in Dublin.

Headed to Dublin tomorrow.

I have found certain stores (Chicago area) where: (All USD)

Budweiser-$15-$17 per 24 can (12 oz.) case

Heineken, Bass, and Harp-$12 per 12 pack (12 oz. bottles)

Fat Tire and Guinness are always over $1 per beer.

The 5L Heineken keg costs more per ounce than bottles.

I think TheGrobe is correct regarding taxes.

goldendog
TMIMITW wrote:

If you buy any beer off the shelf please give us the prices/volume.

goldendog

I saw a fairly aggressive price for Bud/Miller in the 5 litre mini-kegs--$16.77--but that's still just $.099/oz.

Compared to price for the six pack of Pabst--which I consider in the same class of beer--that's still double.

On a brighter note I found some MacTarnahan's Summer Grifter IPA for a dollar a bottle. I liked it a lot, but I am a hops fan for sure. Nice 6% brew.

AlCzervik
goldendog wrote:
TMIMITW wrote:

If you buy any beer off the shelf please give us the prices/volume.

I did. All prices mentioned are from stores, not pubs. What do you want to know?

goldendog
TMIMITW wrote:

I did. All prices mentioned are from stores, not pubs. What do you want to know?

Just what the damage (and volume) is in Dublin for a grocery store Guinness and other beers--from the noteworthy to the common. Just a brief sample would be nice and ty.

Joseph-S

Anybody seen a keg like this in their preferred establishment?

Coors and Bud Light 4 day sale, 24-pack, $18

kco

True or False; does your can of beer is cheaper than  a bottle (aussie-stubbie')  of beer ?

bjazz

Lager's around 1 euro for a bottle of 0.33l in Finland. Exports are much more expensive ofcourse.

cabadenwurt

Thanks to Goldendog for starting off such a pleasant thread. I myself have had a favourite Beer going back to the early 1970's ( and yes I know that is a long time ago lol ). Originally sold as Lethbrige Pilsner the brewery that made this good stuff got taken over by a bigger outfit and now it's sold as Old Style Pilsner ( and they kept their old label design which is one of the cutest I've seen ). Depending on the store that one goes to the price is between $11.00 and $11.50 for a 6-pack of 355 ml cans, I'm afraid that the fancy math being done here in this thread confuses me  lol. Our local Liquor store also has a nice variety of imported brews. One import that I really like is Radeberger Pilsner at around $2.30 per 500ml can. Other imports include: Innes & Gunn, Lvivske Premium, Furstenberg Lager, Grolsch Premium, Lasko Club, Crabbie's Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer and other brands as well. Prices for these imports run mainly at $2.50 to $3.50 per 500ml can or bottle. And let me just add " Cheers One and All !!! "     

cabadenwurt

Thanks for bringing this thread back Samsch, don't worry in time you will be old enough to have some a glass or two of Bud too. I'm having an imported Radeberger Pilsner right now. Cheers Everyone !!! 

bjazz
cabadenwurt wrote:

Thanks for bringing this thread back Samsch, don't worry in time you will be old enough to have some a glass or two of Bud too. I'm having an imported Radeberger Pilsner right now. Cheers Everyone !!! 

I strongly despise encouraging young children to such habits.

Stay away from bud Samsch!

...It's a piss of a beer.

cabadenwurt

I've had the pleasure of having imported Beer from several Countries over the years however unfortunately not yet from Finland. And Samsch will have to make up his own mind when he gets to to be old enough  lol.

TheGrobe

Well sure, but there's no reason to encourage it.

cabadenwurt

Well getting back to the subject of beer I recently had the chance to try a couple more imported brews. One was from SCJ Obolon of Kiev in the Ukraine and costs around $ 2.40 for a 500 ml bottle. Another one was from the UK and is called Marston's Oyster Stout and was a bit higher in cost at $ 4.25 for their 500 ml bottle. Also there is a imported beer here with the odd name of Bavaria-Holland, odd because this brewery is indeed in Lieshout, Holland and thus quite some distance from Bavaria  lol. I'm assuming tho that the connection is in the recipe. Hmmm, nearly time for a glass of beer here --- Cheers ! 

cabadenwurt

To carry on with this important topic the Beer of choice today is from a smaller Brewery here is Canada. It is Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale. This fine Brewery was founded in 1820 and has it's head-office in Halifax, Nova Scotia --- Cheers !!!  

goldendog

I had a few bottles of Hop Czar recently. Good enough IPA from a fine local brewer but not so good I'll go rushing back for more.

cabadenwurt

At one time our local liquor store carried IPA from Innes & Gunn in Edinburgh and I bought one bottle ( at close to $ 4.50 for a bottle ) but I haven't seen it for quite a while, too expensive I guess. Each bottle was sold in it's own little cardboard box but alas the bottles only held 330ml and I prefer my imports in the 500ml size. They did provide some info on IPA that I had not heard before. They said that IPA was first brewed in 1800's for the long sea journey's between Britain and India. The IPA was transported in Oak barrels and with Hops as well and thus absorbed the character of both the Oak and the Hops. Mind you I find that the Alexander Keith's IPA from Nova Scotia is also quite good and a lot cheaper  lol.   

ivandh

Best beer I ever had was Red Oak Lager brewed and sold in North Carolina. I had a draught in Chapel Hill and man that stuff was good. I should have seen about picking up a six-pack for the road but never got to it.

Yuengling Black & Tan seems to be quite popular round here, and a sixer can be had for 7 USD after tax, which is surprising since you can't get a freakin pizza for less than 15.

A buddy of mine was telling me about an Imperial Russian Stout, a high-gravity (10.5%!) brew. It was around six, which is not too bad for a bar.

TheGrobe
We seem to have transitioned from how much is your beer to how good is your beer. I had a Green Dragon IPA yesterday from Alley Kat brewery in Edmonton. It was very good. I was told that there was a Black Dragon IPA coming as a part of a series in which the hop varietal would be alternated. Very much looking forward to trying the rest of the series.
cabadenwurt

Well Hello Folks. A beer with 10.5%, I wouldn't mind trying a glass or two of that one myself  lol. Grobe since you are in my general area you must know my regular brew which they sell these days as Old Fashioned Pilsner. Of course back when I first tried it the name was Lethbridge Pilsner and before they were bought out by Molson's it was indeed brewed down in Lethbridge.