Forums

Movie reviews

Sort:
corrijean

Reign of Fire was a good end of the world/apocalypse movie.

Crazychessplaya

I'd watch a sci-fi movie base on this:

RussellFaraday

totaLBeginner

Oldboy is good, watch that, watch it now.

bigpoison

Dead Man ('95) was a great flick.  Other than the crappy Neil Young soundtrack, there isn't much to complain about with that film.

Old Movies:

Beat the Devil ('53) was an exceptional movie.  Gina Lollobrigida! what more do you need?

and

Kelly's Heroes ('70) is my favorite crime movie. 

theoreticalboy

The Neil Young soundtrack is perfect for the film...

bigpoison

Haha! I've had this argument in a bar once, theoretical'.  You're not draggin' me into that again.

All I have to say on the subject is:  I think a few well chosen Sixteen Horsepower songs would have been vastly superior.

theoreticalboy

Songs would have been an awful idea, even if by such an unusual band.

goldendog

A scene from LoTR. Pretty decent even if there are no splosions in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTMtrqqiH4&feature=related

(can't embed this one folks)

winerkleiner

Most of these are newer movies (not your favs) but maybe you seen some?  And thanks for posting in my forum!

#1 "Dinner For Schmucks

#2  "What a Girl Wants"

#3 "The Hangover"

#4 "The Town"

#5 "Repo Man"

#6 "The Social Network"

#7 "When in Rome"

#8 "Raising Genius"

#9 "Mars Needs Moms"

#10 "Season of the Witch"

#11 "Life as We Know it"

#12 "Turkey Bowl"

#13 "Soul Surfer"

#14. "Hall Pass"

electricpawn
theoreticalboy wrote:

The Neil Young soundtrack is perfect for the film...

His song at the end of Philadelphia was a perfect way to end that movie.

corrijean
goldendog wrote:

A scene from LoTR. Pretty decent even if there are no splosions in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTMtrqqiH4&feature=related

(can't embed this one folks)

Those movies were great. Being a fan of the books, I was mystified as to how they were going to make them into movies. But it was quite successful. They did a great job.

GhostNight

Do Not forget Bud Abbout and Lou Castello meet frankenstein something like that? lolo  Black & white, those were the days....

electricpawn
LisaV wrote:

Sharon, found the scene.  Maybe it can be interpreted other ways???

He was going to have his men build the bridge properly and maintain their moral in order to shame the Japanese Commandant. He committed hara kiri at the end of the movie. He prevented the destruction of the bridge because he was proud that his men were able to kep their spirits up and complete the bridge. At the end he realizes that he lost sight of the military objective.

trysts
LisaV wrote:

Sharon, found the scene.  Maybe it can be interpreted other ways???

That's such a funny coincidence! I'm waiting for my friend to get off work, 'cause he's bringing over "The Bridge on the River Kwai" to watch! I babbled about it at work todayLaughing So, I'm going to look at it with a different perspective, and see what I end up thinking about itSmile

trysts
fiac wrote:
trysts wrote:

Big trouble in little China(1986). I was forced to watch this. I thought it was cute. Nothing more.

Kurt Russell is king! A square headed king!

Ahem. Some of my favourites:

Koyaanisqatsi(1982). Words cannot discribe how beautiful this movie is, also it's a pyschadelic drug.

Disney's Robin hood(1973). One of my childhood favourites that still stands up as a brilliant movie. Great music, great animation, great voice acting, just great all round.

The Road(2009). If you ever feel like spiraling down into a pit of abismal depression watch this movie. I loved it but I only watched it once.

Evil dead 2(1987). Awsome!!!! 'nuf said.

Monty python and the holy grail(1974). Non-stop hilarity from start to finish.

Event horizon(1997). One of the few horror movies I've seen and enjoyed. Quite disturbing.

Threads(1984). England if it was nuked. Very good but also depressing.

Rambo IV(2008). Probably wouldn't appeal to those lacking in testosterone but I loved it. The only time when I've been in the cinema and people have started clapping after the film.

Aqua teen hunger force colon movie film for theaters(2007). Drug use is advised to accompany this movie. Very funny but makes little sense.

P.s Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, as you can probably tell I haven't watched many classics.

I saw "Koyaanisqatsi" and "Threads". Excellent choices! "Holy Grail" was funny. Thanks for the other choices, fiac!

(Though, I wouldn't watch a "Rambo" film everLaughing)

trysts
corrijean wrote:

Reign of Fire was a good end of the world/apocalypse movie.

Never heard of it. Thanks!

trysts
RussellFaraday wrote:

Is that a movie?

trysts
totaLBeginner wrote:

woody allen films are the best, Manhattan being possibly my favourite.

Here's a curveball for'ya, Oldboy, a terrific film which introduced me to the world of Korean cinema.

I used to love Woody Allen films, with "Manhattan"(1979), and Crimes and Misdemeanors"(1989) being my favorites!

I stopped watching "Oldboy" once he ate that octopus. Yuk!Laughing

trysts
bigpoison wrote:

Dead Man ('95) was a great flick.  Other than the crappy Neil Young soundtrack, there isn't much to complain about with that film.

Old Movies:

Beat the Devil ('53) was an exceptional movie.  Gina Lollobrigida! what more do you need?

and

Kelly's Heroes ('70) is my favorite crime movie. 

I really enjoyed "Beat the Devil". Thanks for the other two recommendations! I hadn't heard of "Dead Man" before.Smile

This forum topic has been locked