trysts
electricpawn wrote:

Stay in this thread where you're safe, Sharon

I didn't know I was in danger, electricpawn?Laughing

electricpawn
trysts wrote:
electricpawn wrote:

I didn't know I was in danger, electricpawn?

The Hessian was showing aggression!

trysts
electricpawn wrote:
trysts wrote:
electricpawn wrote:

I didn't know I was in danger, electricpawn?

The Hessian was showing aggression!

Laughing I have pepper sprayWink

VernalFire

To answer winerkleiner question..Jane Fonda got divorced from Ted Turner because she had become a born again christian and he did not like any religious type issues.

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Trysts how do you feel about Ted Turner coloring some of the old movies he owns?

Is that why his marriage to Jane Fonda folded?

No, I don't like anybody messing with the great cinematographer's works. Do you like it?

No I agree with you, they should leave the b/w movies as is.  They were made with the technology of their day so leave them as they found them.  They even messed with little Shirley (Temple).  Shame   

winerkleiner
VernalFire wrote:

To answer winerkleiner question..Jane Fonda got divorced from Ted Turner because she had become a born again christian and he did not like any religious type issues.

Hmm nice to know, thanks!

jason17

I apologize for not wading through the pages to see if anyone mentioned this, but how about David Lynch films?

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Trysts how do you feel about Ted Turner coloring some of the old movies he owns?

Is that why his marriage to Jane Fonda folded?

No, I don't like anybody messing with the great cinematographer's works. Do you like it?

No I agree with you, they should leave the b/w movies as is.  They were made with the technology of their day so leave them as they found them.  They even messed with little Shirley (Temple).  Shame   

I must admit, I don't really mind if they mess with Shirley Temple films, the Mickey Rooney/Andy Hardy films, the Three Stooges, the Dead End Kids, or the Marx Brothers films. SorryEmbarassed

trysts
jason17 wrote:

I apologize for not wading through the pages to see if anyone mentioned this, but how about David Lynch films?

I don't believe anyone mentioned his films thus far, jason17. I am quite the fan of "Mullholland Drive"(2001), myself!

theoreticalboy

Wow, Lynch and a Marx Brothers diss; this thread has officially become redundant.

trysts
theoreticalboy wrote:

Wow, Lynch and a Marx Brothers diss; this thread has officially become redundant.

Here's the doorLaughing

http://www.newphotosgalleries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/the-door-1.jpg

theoreticalboy

Even the door is a horrible colour!

trysts

Okay, they should be here any moment...

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/515.$plit/C_71_article_1090877_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?15%2F01%2F2009%2017%3A02%3A13%3A261

theoreticalboy

Don't worry, I'm about to fall flat asleep from exhaustion anyway.

Since I'm here, I remembered the last film I actually watched was Kiki's Delivery Service, which is a Miyazaki effort no less stirring for being minor and generally adorable.

trysts

I recommend anyone wishing to throw-up about the merits of The Marx Brothers, please do it in the privacy of your own home.

Thank You

Management

jason17

I haven't seen Mulholland Drive. I've only seen Eraserhead, (which I enjoyed a lot) but I read a David Foster Wallace essay on David Lynch and it literally got me physically wet and excited to go after some more of his films, so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced any sensations like that while viewing his cinematic exploits.

trysts
theoreticalboy wrote:

Don't worry, I'm about to fall flat asleep from exhaustion anyway.

Since I'm here, I remembered the last film I actually watched was Kiki's Delivery Service, which is a Miyazaki effort no less stirring for being minor and generally adorable.

I never heard of it. Thank you, theoreticalboy!

trysts
jason17 wrote:

I haven't seen Mulholland Drive. I've only seen Eraserhead, (which I enjoyed a lot) but I read a David Foster Wallace essay on David Lynch and it literally got me physically wet and excited to go after some more of his films, so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced any sensations like that while viewing his cinematic exploits.

"Eraserhead"(1977), was an interesting film. Quite unforgettable. Yet, I don't think I enjoyed the experience. "The Elephant Man"(1980), made me sob. Great film!

jason17

I am really looking forward to watching Blue Velvet, but I am afraid that my expectations are too high now, and that Mr. Lynch won't be able to satisfy my demands, but I'm sure it will be worthwhile, and ultimately better than hopping over to the movie theater. The only film in production that looks exciting now is the Rum Diaries. Johnny Depp getting inside the head of Hunter Thompson again should be entertaining.

trysts
jason17 wrote:

I am really looking forward to watching Blue Velvet, but I am afraid that my expectations are too high now, and that Mr. Lynch won't be able to satisfy my demands, but I'm sure it will be worthwhile, and ultimately better than hopping over to the movie theater. The only film in production that looks exciting now is the Rum Diaries. Johnny Depp getting inside the head of Hunter Thompson again should be entertaining.

I liked "Blue Velvet"(1986). You should come back here and tell me what you thought of itSmile

This forum topic has been locked