Forums

Movie reviews

Sort:
trysts
winerkleiner wrote:

I think I just misunderstoood (a red flag training I did thing). 

What on god's green bean are you talking about?Laughing

corrijean

I have a red flag training program, too.

www.­ftc.­gov/­bcp/­edu/­microsites/­redflagsrule/­faqs.­shtm

trysts

What the beans! What's a "red flag training program"?

corrijean

The one I know about has to do with preventing theft of customer information. Identity theft.

trysts

Then what the hell does winerkleiner mean? I don't get it?

corrijean

That's a question for which I don't know the answer.

trysts
corrijean wrote:

That's a question for which I don't know the answer.

Laughing

electricpawn

a+b(1/c)= a/c + b/c. An answer for which there was no question.

winerkleiner

Lol I have training in spotting people who might have trouble coping with life's challenges, and you raised a red flag.  But my bad, have you seen Committed?

nameno1had
electricpawn wrote:

a+b(1/c)= a/c + b/c. An answer for which there was no question.

I disagree, I can come up with tons of questions for that answer but, I'll refrain from being a schmuck.

mrguy888

I don't know for sure what format it was originally but "Kasparov: My Story" or something is really good. I watched it on youtube. It is about 7-8 hours long.

trysts
mrguy888 wrote:

I don't know for sure what format it was originally but "Kasparov: My Story" or something is really good. I watched it on youtube. It is about 7-8 hours long.

Thanks! I haven't seen that one!

mrguy888
trysts wrote:
mrguy888 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxRL7UKlIc&feature=related

Here is the link if you need it.

trysts

Thanks again!

Mithras
Someone mentioned Warrior awhile back in the thread. I just finished watching it, I was pleasantly surprised. Acting was good & dialogues for the most part good(i especially liked the brothers chat). Predictable ending but still worth watching
Bodhiwan
That was me, yeah Warrior was good, I liked that one. Nice to see Nick Nolte back in a role too.
trysts
mrguy888 wrote:
trysts wrote:
mrguy888 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxRL7UKlIc&feature=related

Here is the link if you need it.

I'm still working on this one, as it seems that I can take only small doses of Kasparov. It is very interesting though! I've gotten through probably two hours of it. It's kind of the same as another long series that was recommended here, "Bleak House", which I've watched four episodes of, but the camera work makes me have to take a break from it. It could be another month before I get through these filmsLaughing 

SPARTANEMESIS

There's Something About Mary, and Meet the Parents; a couple of my favorite comedies.

Bodhiwan
Right, this is from my iphone, so bare with me for a wall off text. I just watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I'm a big fan if David Fincher, not all his work but a lot of it. His meticoulous attention to detail shines through here as well, and as a Swede it was fun to watch him go back in time and nail it as if had lived here all his life. Basically all actors speak English with various Swedish accents, and contrary to the opinion of most of the forum posters on iMDB that think they have a clue, they're doing it pretty well. Rooney Mara was said to do a terrible Swedish accent, but that's horseshit. It's very good and could stem from a few areas in Sweden mixed up with the more common "rikssvenska". Funny though, the only one not attempting an accent was the lead male Daniel Craig, which frequently made me leave the immersion as it really jumps out from the rest. I would sum it up as a fairly entertaining thriller, but nothing worth going to the theater for. Just grab it from the shelf when it's out on DVD and you find nothing better to watch. A heads up to anyone sensitive, there's a quite disturbing rape scene in the movie.
electricpawn

The Last Waltz 1978

The last live performance of The Band, directed by Martin Scorcese. Many consider it one of the greatest rock documetaries. I couldn't find the full movie with iterviews, but I did find the full album of the performance.

This forum topic has been locked