Odds & Ends ( etc )

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #761

AlCzervik

Joseph-S wrote:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5WsRn1InkQ

Ok, that was a quarter but it would probably work just as well with a dime.

I'm sorry to say that I have done this in the past. With a dime. Won a few bucks.

Fact is, driving a forklift well is a skill. And if one is untrained driving one, or, is a dolt, they can injure others. I've seen it, unfortunately.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #762

AlCzervik

badenwurtca wrote:

Good News for people looking to buy some Real Estate in California as the Playboy Mansion is now up for sale. They want about $ 200 million for it but I have heard that $ 100 million would be more realistic ( but hey it is a historical landmark  lol ).   

I wonder if it will be declared a landmark.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #763

badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts AlCzervik. Of course not everyone was a fan of Playboy Enterprises and their activities but when they started off many years ago it was a unique business.

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #764

badenwurtca

Quite a ways back in this thread the subject of plasic money came up. No not credit cards but actual money made from plastic polymers. It seemed quite funny at the time but the good news is that the RCMP has reported that last year there was a 74 % reduction in the number of counterfeit bills that were found. It turns out that the crooks are having a hard time in trying to reproduce our plastic money  lol. ( edit note: pages 17 & 18 ).

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #765

badenwurtca

Some more info on self-driving cars. General Motors plans to introduce a self-driving taxi for testing later this year. It would seem that if this idea takes off the battle between regular taxi service and the " Uber " outfit will be solved in the future. You simply request a self-driving car using your smart-phone and there will not be a driver, just a 4 -wheeled machine that is under computer control ( Help ! The robots are taking over  lol ).  

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #766

badenwurtca

Today is January 18th, 2016, do you know where your Drone is ? We appear to have our first " Drone " Court-case. It seem that a certain fellow was out flying his little Drone under remote control and this upset a second fellow who then took his gun and shot down the Drone. The first fellow has now gone to Court and claims $ 1600 dollars in damages to his Drone ( lesson: keep track of your Drone !  lol ).    

• 4 days ago · Quote · #767

badenwurtca

Time for some advice to the people working in the fast-food industry down in Florida: Be very careful when you have the drive-thru window open ! Some nut just threw a small 3 foot long alligator into a Wendy's, just for fun I gather.

• 4 days ago · Quote · #768

Joseph-S

badenwurtca wrote:

Time for some advice to the people working in the fast-food industry down in Florida: Be very careful when you have the drive-thru window open ! Some nut just threw a small 3 foot long alligator into a Wendy's, just for fun I gather.

It's all fun and games until someone looses an arm!      

• 2 days ago · Quote · #769

badenwurtca

Thanks for the post Joseph-S. Good point, after something bad happens it's too late to say I'm sorry.

• 91 minutes ago · Quote · #770

badenwurtca

Many people out there like penguins as they are such cute birds. However a serious problem has recently occured where 150,000 penguins have died in Antarctica due to the fact that a very large iceberg blocked their route to the ocean ( & their source of food ). The " iceberg " should probably be called an ice-island being 1,120 square miles in area. A very sad situation to be sure.  

Post your reply: