Odds & Ends ( etc )

• 2 months ago · Quote · #801

AlCzervik

allow me to tell you all how dumb floridians can be. there is a lake that is known to have gators. it's a place where people are jet skiing, in boats, etc., and there is an area that is "off limits" because of the gators. it's actually very nice how humans and nature share the space.

so, a really dumb lady dives into that area after many drinks, and her arm is chewed off. wildlife service comes and kills a gator. no trace of an arm.

my first thought is that they should have shot the woman.

• 2 months ago · Quote · #802

badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts and photo.

• 2 months ago · Quote · #803

badenwurtca

Anyone who wants free money just move to Japan. It turn out that $12.7 million was illegally taken out of Bank-machines there in a 3 hour period ( just a few days ago ). Hey just put the card into the machine and let the good times roll   lol.  

• 2 months ago · Quote · #804

ivandh

I heard they have negative interest rates too. Paying you to borrow. Please take our money!

• 8 weeks ago · Quote · #805

badenwurtca

Thanks for the post Ivandh. Yes I like that idea, I'm very good at borrowing money.

• 8 weeks ago · Quote · #806

Joseph-S

" When a bank charges a negative interest rate, instead of receiving money on deposits, depositors must pay regularly to keep their money with the bank."

Surprised

• 8 weeks ago · Quote · #807

badenwurtca

Thanks for the post Joseph-S. Yes there is some rather funny stuff going on out there in the banking business. 

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #808

badenwurtca

Up here in Canada we have recently had a Ponzi scheme based on Pigeons, where nearly 300 million dollars went missing. The crook sold " special " pigeons to farmers so that they could raise some racing pigeons for him to buy back. A male and female were sold to the mark costing nearly $ 150 for the two birds ( times as many of the pairs that were ordered ). In the end when the whole scheme fell apart 175,000 birds had to be gassed as there was no market for them. The head of the Ponzi scheme got over 7 years in jail. 

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #809

kaynight

Glad to hear he's doing bird for that scam.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #810

badenwurtca

kaynight wrote:

Glad to hear he's doing bird for that scam.

---   People were probably worried that he might fly the coop. wink.png

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #811

badenwurtca

Btw never trust an Alligator, they are very sneaky. The other day a fellow who lives down in Florida got very mad because an Alligator wandered onto his property. After the guy shot the Alligator he went over the check on that critter. Bad idea as the Alligator was not dead and it just hauled off and bit the guy in the leg. Yup the Alligator was playing " Possum ", so don't trust em ! 

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #812

AlCzervik

now that i live in the south i hear the alligator stories more often than i think i should. the latest is a two year old that was wandering too close to a lake and a 'gator snatched him.

there was an intense hunt for said 'gator, and a number of them were killed.

this may sound callous, but, it's evolution at work. the parents were too stupid to pay attention so, i think, it's better there is one less person to procreate from that family. i also think it's really stupid to kill random wildlife to find your dead child. as if, somehow, the idiot parents will feel better seeing their half digested child in one of them.

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #813

craftsmanshipbymark

We are only the top of the food chain in certain places on this planet. Once you step in the ocean, you're no longer at the top. When you hike in grizzly bear country, you're no longer at the top. Welcome to reality.

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #814

badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts. Speaking of the oceans I gather that we will be okay if we " Live In a Yellow Submarine "  lol.

• 2 days ago · Quote · #815

badenwurtca

From time to time we have covered goofy crooks in this thread however some goofy rich folks are also doing odd things. Take for example Ms Lonstein-Gruss, a fashion designer and former girlfriend of Jerry Seinfeld. This lady has just lost $ 1.5 million dollars worth of jewelry due to a burglary at her New York home. Are we supposed to feel sorry for someone stupid enough ( & rich enough ) to keep that much jewelry in their home ? Perhaps the idea of renting a safety-deposit box in a bank never ever occurred to this brainiac.  

Post your reply: