Forums

Old TV Shows

Sort:
cabadenwurt

Thanks for posting the clip AndyClifton, " Happy Days " was a favourite show of mine. A recent show that had a somewhat similar premise was " That 70's Show ", I liked that one also.

Javan64

Loved Happy Days; would have preferred That 70s Show better if it hadn't had that Kutcher idiot in it.  My favorite there was always the Dad. Tongue out

AndyClifton

Yeah, Kutcher major major idiot.

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts. The gentleman who played the Dad on " That 70's Show " is a character actor of long standing, playing mainly very serious roles. Sometimes he has played a bad guy or a good guy, often a detective or a military officer. I imagine that he truly enjoyed his role on " That 70's Show " as he got to show off the wide range that he has.

Javan64

I'll always remember him as the villan in Robocop "Can you fly, Bobby?"

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the update Javan64. Yes he played a lot of villians over the years. I remember him in " The Dead Poets Society " as the father who drove his son to suicide. Like I say, I think that he enjoyed doing a Comedy series so that he could do something very different from his usual work. 

cabadenwurt

A group of TV shows that I found interesting goes back to my teens during the mid-60's. These were adventure shows that we watched after School before it was Supper-time. The best known series was probably the one about Robin Hood ( a made in England production ). From Australia we got " The Magic Boomerang " which was also a nice show. The young hero would throw his Boomerang up into the air which would stop time and allow him to right the wrongs done by the bad guys. Another good show of that type was " The Adventures Of Spin And Marty ". 

cabadenwurt

Thanks Chubbychocobo for the photos on all of those shows, a lot of which I've seen. Recently I got a DVD set of the last year of " Hogan's Heroes ", funny and yet sad because after that show ended things started to go downhill for Bob Crane.

cabadenwurt

Yes so I gather, despite what they tried to infer in the recent film on his life. 

Maxx_Dragon

Our favorite TV show of the 60's was a British show called The Avengers.  John Steed of British Intelligence was played by Patrick Macnee and his sidekick Emma Peel was played by the beautiful Diana Rigg. Mrs. Peel also drove the car of Our youthful dreams, the classic Lotus Elan SR2. Unfortunately We were never able to get Our talons on the Lotus so We settled for a Mazda Miata MX5 whose design was based on the very same Lotus. We even named Our Miata Mrs. Peel in honor of the original. Ah those were the days…   >:[

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info Maxx_Dragon.Yes " The Avengers " was very popular up here as well.  And Mrs Peel often wore those nice leather outfits when she was chasing the bad guys. On the Automobile front however I was quite fond of the older Bently sports cars that Mr Steed used to drive. 

cabadenwurt

Thanks for posting more photos chubbychocobo. I see that the Calendar picture shows all three of the Ladies that assisted Mr Steed in the first series. Very nice photos from a good show.  

RichColorado

All you guys are too young for what I remember. I used to go to the TV store two blocks from my house, just to watch Crusader Rabbit Cartoon in black and white. That was in 1950.

We stood in front of the window as the TV played, because the store was closed.

It played daily at 6:15 P.M. Monday through Friday. It was all over by 6:30.

Here it is if you want to check it out. A four minute show made 15 minutes with commercials.

DENVER

Javan64

Crusader Rabbit was done by the same folks who gave us Rocky & Bullwinkle!

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts. Denverhigh that certainly is a very rare cartoon that you have shown us, I had not seen that before. Javan64, I used to get quite a chuckle out of Rocky & Bullwinkle ( poor Boris and Natasha never got a break  lol ). 

ralphwoodcock

I had forgotten all about Greenacres, it was my fathers favourite series.

I liked Lost in Space and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

RichColorado

There are twenty of those on utube. I placed the first and second show. Eighteen more to go.

I won't post them, so go see them. Bullwinkle is amongst them.

We didn't get a tv for two more years. I think it was an RCA. It had a round screen and rabitt ears. Was that a coincidence or what?

Bye

AndyClifton

Here's an obscure one that quite possibly nobody will remember:

cabadenwurt

Thanks for all of the posts. Yes Greenacres was a cute show ( the pig was funny too ). Another old TV show from way back is " You Bet Your Life " with Groucho Marx. AndyClifton do you remember who was in that series that you showed the photo of ?   

cabadenwurt

Speaking earlier of people like Groucho showing up on TV in the early years another show came to mind. Dean Martin had his own TV show ( and a good one ) but later he also hosted the Dean Martin Roasts. If one want to see a variety of Stars from years ago one needs to check out these Roasts many of which are up on Youtube.