Forums

Old TV Shows

Sort:
cabadenwurt

Thanks for the posts. Another good show that came to mind recently is " Mary Tyler More " which I truly enjoyed. There was also a spin-off series called " Rhoda ".  

AndyClifton

Not to mention Phyllis.  And Lou GrantSmile

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info AndyClifton. For some reason I didn't see much of either of those two shows, too much shift-work at that time I guess  lol.

AndyClifton

Lou Grant was a remarkable spinoff in that they changed the locale, genre and even the length of the show!  And yet it still did rather well (and was on the air for 5 years).

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post AndyClifton. I remember reading about the Lou Grant show in TV Guide ( back when they had a printed edition ) and they were very impressed with that show.

ralphwoodcock

Dr Who-with either William Hartnell or Patrick Troughton. I never missed an episode. I am still watching some of them on DVD today.

Javan64

Strangely, I have never watched Dr. Who at all.

ralphwoodcock

I don't think Dr Who ever caught on in the US. The sets were wobbly, the special effects awful and the acting terrible at times. Despite this I loved it. 

AndyClifton

Wow, wobbly sets, awful special effects and terrible acting...these are three of my favorite things! Laughing

Javan64

It's still going here in the US of A...

ralphwoodcock

Are they showing the old series or the more recent in the US?

cabadenwurt

Thanks for all of the recent posts. I have mainly seen Doctor Who on PBS ( back when I had Cable TV ). One of my favourite British TV shows of all time is still " Faulty Towers ", I've got the whole series on DVDs and I think one could have a long long dicussion as to which was the funniest episode  lol.  

AndyClifton

Plus it also mentions ratatouie. Smile

cabadenwurt

Yes Thanks for the info AndyClifton, that was in the " Basil The Rat " episode which was the last one produced. I've just started watching the series again as I do a couple of times each year at those times when I need to see something funny or perhaps need a bit of a lift. I just started on the first episode which is " A Touch Of Class ".

AndyClifton

Uh oh, "Lord" Melbury...

cabadenwurt

Yes that is the evil fellow indeed, trying to pull one over on poor old Basil  lol.

cabadenwurt

Bit of a sad note in the World of Comedy today, George " Guber " Lindsey has passed away at age of 83. He got his big chance of course on " The Andy Griffith Show " after Gomer Pyle was spun off as a new series. George also later got onto the " Hee Haw " show and was quite a funny guy, a good entertainer.    

AndyClifton

Who would've thought these two guys would go to the same haberdasher?:

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the pictures AndyClifton, yes those two " Characters " have brought a lot of laughs to a lot of people. As a smart person once said " Laughter is the Best Medicine ! "

AndyClifton

Actually, I think this is the best medicine:

(Although in sufficient doses it will certainly lead to laughter.) Smile