Forums

So ... Anyone else been to Vulcan ???

Sort:
cabadenwurt

As mentioned earlier the Romulans were first shown in the " Balance of Terror " episode. The next time we saw the Romulans was in " The Enterprise Incident " episode I believe. By this time the Romulans had obtained help from the Klingons in regards to building new types of Space Ships. Also the Romulans had given their Cloaking device to the Klingons so Kirk and the Federation had to be quite careful as there were two different enemies trying to sneak up on them.   

cabadenwurt

In " The Enterprise Incident " episode Captain Kirk and his crew are tying to steal the secrets of the Romulan Cloaking device. The Romulan vessel in this episode is commanded by a Female Captain and in a interesting twist Mister Spock becomes romantically involved with her. A very good episode to be sure. 

jtt96
cabadenwurt wrote:

In " The Enterprise Incident " episode Captain Kirk and his crew are tying to steal the secrets of the Romulan Cloaking device. The Romulan vessel in this episode is commanded by a Female Captain and in a interesting twist Mister Spock becomes romantically involved with her. A very good episode to be sure. 

I'll have to watch that episode!

ivandh

I'll bet it's... fascinating...

Javan64

There is a small town in the state of Montana, whose usual name escapes me, that (during football [NFL] season) would change its name to "Joe."  Yes, that's a true story!

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts. As an aside there is a town in the USA that used to celebrate Marion Ross' birthday ( the town of Marion ). She used to visit the town and join in the party as well.

jtt96
I remember on April first one year google pretended to change it's nae to Topeka. :)
cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info Jtt96. When I started off this thread I mentioned that the town of Medicine Hat has a odd name. I've also got a thread going here about old TV shows and an old Western called " The Virginian " came up. Recently I happened to remember that " The Virginian " took place near Medicine Bowl Wyoming and if that is a real town then it would be a bit of a coincidence to be sure. 

Javan64

Then there's the town of Battle Ground, Washington, so named because one of our illustious pioneers didn't have any sort of battle with the local indian tribe there...

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Javan64. A post that I guess I could leave here on this thread or on my thread about movies concerns a DVD that I just watched. I recently got a copy of " Star Trek IV The Voyage Home ". I think that " The Wrath Of Khan " is still my favourite Star Trek movie but this one is a close second. 

cabadenwurt

One thing that I was going to mention here is in regards to a couple of plot lines used in Star Trek. The same idea was actully used in Star Trek 1-The Movie, Star Trek IV-The Voyage Home and in at least one of the episodes of the First series as well. The plot line features a Deep Space Probe of some type that has malfunctioned and is creating serious problems until the crew of the Enterprise gets things under control. It is a good idea and certainly works well in the Star Trek IV film.   

artfizz

A few of the things that never happen on Star Trek: The Original Series

3) An enigmatic being composed of pure energy attempts to interface with the Enterprise's computer, only to find it has forgotten to bring the right leads.

2) A major Starfleet emergency breaks out near the Enterprise, but fortunately some other ships in the area are able to deal with it to everyone's satisfaction.

1) The Enterprise is involved in a bizarre time-warp experience which is in some way unconnected to the late 20th century.

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Artfizz, You certainly have the plot-lines figured out  lol. One thing that I noticed from the Original series is that if anyone from Security came along in a episope then 9 times out of 10 the Security person would be killed off before the end of the show. That is to say: DO NOT be a Security officer on the Enterprise because it's too darn dangerous. Mind you where did they get all of the replacement Security people if the ship was way out in space ? Hmmmmm

ivandh

They must have used the teleporter a lot. But how they got new security officers into the transporter back on earth is probably trickier- maybe they told them the reason they needed so many replacements was because crewmembers were deserting to live lives of fantastic luxury and leisure on the new planets they were discovering.

Another thing you don't see is a computer which functions as expected and does not cause any harm to anyone. I guess they did not want to stretch people's imagination too much.

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Ivandh. I guess if they showed the new male recruits pictures of the beautiful female robots being created by machines in the " Mudd's Women " episode they would probably have a long line of men waiting to sign up. Of course they ruined things for poor Mister Mudd by creating several robot copies of his wife to harass him ( cruel and very mean punishment I would say  lol ). 

Javan64

And WHY did everyone forget all about seat belts on the Enterprise? Yell

Javan64

cabadenwurt

Thanks for putting up the photo Javan64. That fellow in the red shirt better make a run for it or he is doomed  lol.

cabadenwurt

One thing that I've recently noticed is that more and more stores are trying to sell off DVDs of movies and also of TV shows. The other day I got a copy of a 4 disc set entitled " Star Trek Fan Collective - Time Travel " which includes episodes from four different Star Trek TV series. " Tomorrow Is Yesterday " & " The City On The Edge Of Forever " are the programs that they included from the first TV series and these are both very good episodes. I will have to work my way thru the programs from the newer TV series as well and see what the story lines are.

By the way you are right on the seat-belt issue Javan64, in both of the episodes that I listed above there are people rolling around the floor on the bridge of the Enterprise when the ride in outer space gets a bit rough  lol.   

cabadenwurt

Further update on the new DVD set ( Fan colletive ). The episodes from The Next Generation included on the discs are " Yesterday's Enterprise ", " Cause And Effect ", " Time's Arrow " and " All Good Things ... ". I'm of course a mainly a fan of the episodes and movies of the first series but " The Next Generation " was a good show as well.