Forums

So ... Anyone else been to Vulcan ???

Sort:
badenwurtca

Bump.

TheBestBeer_Root

ahhhhhh..... reminiscing your old acct and thread?

cabadenwurt

Hello Visitors to my little corner of the UFP . Yes over the years there have quite a number of visitors to the small town of Vulcan, a fair percentage of whom have toured the Star Trek museum located there. And when Leonard Nimoy visited the town it made some headlines to be sure. The town of Vulcan is rather small with a couple of thousand residents and I believe was founded around 1905 or so. Of course the name was in honour of the Roman god of fire but now has a whole new meaning. In salute to Mr. Nimoy's visit to the town let me just add " Live long and prosper ! " 

TheBestBeer_Root

interesting 

lol not some Roman god of fire though

badenwurtca

Sometimes we seem to forget old threads  lol.

badenwurtca
cabadenwurt wrote:

Thanks to all of the Visitors to my little thread here in my particular part of the Greater UFP. Also a Special Thanks to " The Grobe " for posting that great photo from the town of Vulcan ( Ok Scotty let's move out of here very slowly on Impulse Power and when we are clear of this area go to Warp Drive,  lol ).To be truthful I'm not very tech-savvy and I wouldn't have been able to upload that nice photo. Artfizz you can bear witness to my lack of technical ability because as you mentioned I started off my thread with some very small print and as to why the print is larger now is a mystery to me  lol. Also our Maple Leaf Flag has been in outer space on the Canadian Robot-Arm that was used on the Space shuttles. Anyway Thanks again for the posts, Bye for now.  

---   Yes it was very nice to see a photo of the Enterprise as it guards the entrance to the town of Vulcan.