[2 DAYS LEFT]Chess for a good cause(Covid-19 Chess Tournament Fundraiser with Prizes!)

ProSkillsChess

Hi,

The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted many people around the world in unprecedented ways, including our local communities and health care systems. Like many people striving to assist front-line health care workers, I felt motivated to do my part and seek community contribution, while creating an event to boost public morale. I found that chess would be an excellent way to do this! This is why I have created an online chess tournament fundraiser that will directly benefit the coronavirus response at University of Cincinnati/ UCHealth.  I have been working closely with the UC Foundation and local chess organizations to raise awareness for this event. I know that the chess.com community is extremely engaging and supportive, so I naturally decided to raise awareness here as well. 

The money raised will benefit the UCHealth Covid-19 Emergency Response Fund. Even if you do not live near this hospital system, your contributions will assist in the larger(global) fight against Covid-19. Furthermore, this tournament will provide an opportunity to come together as a community and practice our chess skills for when over-the-board chess resumes. For more information, visit gcctfundraiser.org. Donations to the fundraiser are welcome regardless of tournament entry. 

This event is expected to be competitive and fun. Accordingly, the more people who join, the more fun the event will be. Help spread the word about this tournament by posting the website link and description on your social media pages and encourage others to participate. 

Event website: gcctfundraiser.org

Description: The GCCT Chess Fundraiser is an event dedicated to boosting public morale while raising money to combat Covid-19. The fundraiser is in the form of an online chess tournament hosted on chess.com. For more information visit gcctfundraiser.org

If you are considering registering or donating to this event, respond to this post with #Checkmate-Covid19-Together to show your support!

I hope you consider this opportunity to support the Covid-19 response. You can post any questions regarding this event below.

CatsAreBad

Cincinnati is struggling to keep COVID numbers down! Please play and donate

India403

Sounds fun. I will certainly join it! #Checkmate-Covid19-Together

SlightlyMental

Will play and donate!

#Checkmate-COVID-19-Together

Chesskid12357

Ok, I will probably register. #Checkmate-COVID-19-Together

Just wondering, when will the tournament occur?

ProSkillsChess

Chesskid12357 Thanks for considering supporting the event. The tournament will be held on August 15th. Check out the website for more info.

Chesskid12357

Thanks. How will paying/registering work. On the website, it says you pay after you RSVP on the google form. 

Chesslegend104

I agree. This is chess for a good cause. Hope you get many people to join! I hope this thread remains active for you!

#Checkmate-COVID-19-Together

ProSkillsChess

Chesskid12357 You can pay through Zelle or Venmo. You will get more specific details regarding joining the tournament club and paying after you RSVP through an email. If you are unable to pay through Zelle or Venmo, there will be directions in the email for that as well. 

Chesslegend104 Thanks for the support!

ProSkillsChess

To learn more about the prizes, visit the tournament website!

Chesskid12357

Thanks for the clarification. I was able to successfully complete registration.

ProSkillsChess

UPDATE: As mentioned in an above post, the tournament will take place on August 15th. Registration will close two days before on August 13th. Donations will continue to be accepted until tournament day. Hope more players consider supporting this cause!

India403

The link in the original post is not working. Could you try reposting it somewhere?

ProSkillsChess

Thanks for the update. Here is a working link: gcctfundraiser.org. I have also fixed the problem in the original post.

GazaLee5

great work

ProSkillsChess

@GazaLee5 Thanks! The support means a lot!

ProSkillsChess

Update: Thanks for all the signups for the contest! A practice tournament will be held on August 14th to make sure things go smoothly! Thanks to those who have donated or registered for this and keep the signups coming.

ProSkillsChess

IMPORTANT UPDATES:

The GCCT Chess Fundraiser will now be accepting registrations through PayPal, Credit Card, or Debit Card. The registration process is now much more efficient. If you have already payed using the earlier methods of Venmo or Zelle, their is no need to pay again as your registration is already confirmed!

Thanks,
ProSkillsChess
Tournament Link: gcctfundraiser.org

amad3

ada

leapingfireman520

Hi,

​The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted many people around the world in unprecedented ways, including our local communities and health care systems. Like many people striving to assist front-line health care workers, I felt motivated to do my part and seek community contribution, while creating an event to boost public morale. I found that chess would be an excellent way to do this! This is why I have created an online chess tournament fundraiser that will directly benefit the coronavirus response at University of Cincinnati/ UCHealth. I have been working closely with the UC Foundation and local chess organizations to raise awareness for this event. I know that the chess.com community is extremely engaging and supportive, so I naturally decided to raise awareness here as well.

The money raised will benefit the UCHealth Covid-19 Emergency Response Fund. Even if you do not live near this hospital system, your contributions will assist in the larger(global) fight against Covid-19. Furthermore, this tournament will provide an opportunity to come together as a community and practice our chess skills for when over-the-board chess resumes. For more information, visit gcctfundraiser.org. Donations to the fundraiser are welcome regardless of tournament entry.

This event is expected to be competitive and fun. Accordingly, the more people who join, the more fun the event will be. Help spread the word about this tournament by posting the website link and description on your social media pages and encourage others to participate.

Event website: gcctfundraiser.org

Description: The GCCT Chess Fundraiser is an event dedicated to boosting public morale while raising money to combat Covid-19. The fundraiser is in the form of an online chess tournament hosted on chess.com. For more information visit gcctfundraiser.org

If you are considering registering or donating to this event, respond to this post with #Checkmate-Covid19-Together to show your support!

I hope you consider this opportunity to support the Covid-19 response. You can post any questions regarding this event below