Forums

Auto vacation

Sort:
MCBeaker

Hi,

I think I used to have an option in my profile to turn on/off "auto-vacation" protection. I understand that vacation rules changed recently. I also see that auto-vacation is still listed as a perk for premium membership. However, I can't see the option in my profile settings anymore?

Have I missed an announcement? Is it permanently enabled? If so, when does it kick in?

Thanks for your assistance.

artfizz
MCBeaker wrote: ... I think I used to have an option in my profile to turn on/off "auto-vacation" protection. I understand that vacation rules changed recently. I also see that auto-vacation is still listed as a perk for premium membership. However, I can't see the option in my profile settings anymore?

Have I missed an announcement? Is it permanently enabled? If so, when does it kick in? ...

You may be thinking of the Auto-Win on Time Automatically claim victory when time runs out! (Tournament games always win on time automatically.) option.

I don't recall there ever being an option to switch Auto-Timeout off.

Erik wroteauto-timeout protection trumps the fact that you can't activate vacation while you have games pending. so while you can't intentionally set yourself on vacation while you have games in progress, we will set you on vacation automatically even if you have games in progress when your time gets too low (around 90 minutes left).

summerdown

Just so I understand...

I have vacation time left, and I'm going to be without internet access for a few weeks. I have gone through in two tournaments and am waiting for the next round to start.

If the games start while I have no access, will they go on auto-vacation with 90 mins left?

... or do I have to activate something to make this happen?

TadDude
summerdown wrote:

Just so I understand...

I have vacation time left, and I'm going to be without internet access for a few weeks. I have gone through in two tournaments and am waiting for the next round to start.

If the games start while I have no access, will they go on auto-vacation with 90 mins left?

http://support.chess.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=31

"Premium Members get auto-vacation protection, so if they don't make it to a computer in time, their account will automatically be set on vacation."

TadDude
artfizz wrote:

Erik wroteauto-timeout protection trumps the fact that you can't activate vacation while you have games pending. so while you can't intentionally set yourself on vacation while you have games in progress, we will set you on vacation automatically even if you have games in progress when your time gets too low (around 90 minutes left).

It has been mentioned in the forums that as a premium member you can "intentionally set yourself on vacation while you have games in progress".

I would not test it, unless you can afford the minimum one day charged for each vacation use.

Perhaps someone else can confirm they used this feature/bug recently.

summerdown
TadDude wrote:
summerdown wrote:

Just so I understand...

http://support.chess.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=31

"Premium Members get auto-vacation protection, so if they don't make it to a computer in time, their account will automatically be set on vacation."

Excellent. Thanks :)

BehemothTheCat
artfizz wrote:
MCBeaker wrote: ... I think I used to have an option in my profile to turn on/off "auto-vacation" protection. I understand that vacation rules changed recently. I also see that auto-vacation is still listed as a perk for premium membership. However, I can't see the option in my profile settings anymore?

Have I missed an announcement? Is it permanently enabled? If so, when does it kick in? ...

You may be thinking of the Auto-Win on Time Automatically claim victory when time runs out! (Tournament games always win on time automatically.) option.

I don't recall there ever being an option to switch Auto-Timeout off.

90 minutes is too much.  In effect, that means a game started as 1 day per move is not that, but rather 22 hours and 30 min per move.  (True, I don't lose the game if I go over the limit, but I lose at least 1 vacation day.)

Can we make it more like 30 min, which is what the alert message I get when it kicks in says anyway?