Forums

Tell Us Why You Are a Premium Member

Sort:
heyRick

Everything.

Pulpofeira
robnich100 escribió:
I was because I wanted to support the app. But this place is lawless and has too many bugs - especially the stupid stalemate bug

The what?!

benTLC

he is nice

ArgoNavis

Because, as the greatest user in this site, I have a lot of fans.

Countryboy

Simple reason:Let me pay,I'm loaded.

Sjakkmatter

Greetings 

I am a Premium Member because it gives me a better opportuity to improve my Chess skilssl,which is at mediumlevel now 

mattgryta

I am quitting Your site. In the New site I keep gettingI KEEP GETTING SHORTED EITHER ON TIME OR AUTOMATICALLY CUT OFF WHen I dont abort. I preferred the old site. I will shop around for a new site. Good Bye.

macer75
mattgryta wrote:

I am quitting Your site. In the New site I keep gettingI KEEP GETTING SHORTED EITHER ON TIME OR AUTOMATICALLY CUT OFF WHen I dont abort. I preferred the old site. I will shop around for a new site. Good Bye.

That was intense...

Carla-Magnusson

Hold on mattgryta, Macer will sort this out for you soon when he's a staff member.

macer75
Carla-Magnusson wrote:

Hold on mattgryta, Macer will sort this out for you soon when he's a staff member.

Yes, that is absolutely correct! As a staff member, I will ensure that all bugs are taken care of. And even if some of them persist, your rating will still be much higher on chess.com than on other sites, due to my new formula for increasing ratings for everyone! Check out my plans for making chess.com a better place and support me at the link below:

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/support-my-campaign-for-chess-com-staff-member

LoveLaholm

I became a diamond member to give my support to this wonderful chess site. So, The number 1, most important reason why I am a premium member is that I LOVE chess.com and I can't imagine NOT giving back to a company who gives me so much.
And then I am a diamond member because I hope to learn more chess with a little help from you guys! :)

//Carl, from Sweden

RaulSauvageot

I agree, be in page and membership
supports this beautiful game, I hope to learn
is much time as a member and support this product at all

ursus_inopinatus

I wanted to complain about version 3, but didn't feel justified complaining about something I wasn't paying for.

Shata74

Hello everyone!Who knows how much time to wait to become a Premium Member for a titled

player?

ed1975

Can anyone say whether it's worth becoming a Gold member - as far as I can see you don't get any of the videos or Chess Mentor?

Update: I went ahead and bought Gold membership. I figure I can always cancel it within 30 days if for some unlikely reason I'm unhappy.

WhoPlaysChessAgain

I went from free to Crown, now very recently to Diamond. The Lessons section here is amazing. Nothing like it anywhere. I went from 1100 in Rapid to 1736 recently in Daily games through joining tournaments.

So far I have not lost a game in my first 2 tournaments' first rounds (I'm 14-4-0 for the moment) and it's almost entirely due to the unlimited access I have to the amazing Lessons section through a Diamond membership - it's really accelerated my learning and skill level. There is no way I could have done that otherwise (without a skilled teacher I had constant access to, and that's not realistic for me).

ed1975

Thanks for the advice, WhoPlays!

macer75

In before the lock.

WhoPlaysChessAgain

Hi ed1975 thank you for the kind words! A couple of other things that helped me:

1. I studied Tactics before studying Strategy. A grandmaster once said "Chess is 99% tactics." Also an Expert once told my tactics were terrible happy.png and he was right. Without a strong command of tactics we can't put our strategies into effect and often can't see the best strategies.

once I passed 1400 and entered my 2nd tournament I started with Strategy.

2. I did not go through the lessons from top to bottom. Instead I went through the lessons in multiple passes - doing the 1000 rated first, then the 1100 rated ones, etc. 

Now I go through them in rating bands, doing the E ratings first (1000-1100) then the D ratings (1200-1300) etc.

3. I don't play dozens of games at a time. That allows me to play BETTER games instead of MORE games!

I withdrew from the beginner tournament even though I won the first round in my group and would have been the player going on to around 2.

The reason is that I'd entered an intermediate tournament and am doing well, so I don't want to be distracted from doing my best while playing stronger players. I'm now on track to have the best score in my Round 1 group again -- again with no losses. And I was the lowest rated player in my group by 100 points or more when this intermediate tournament started.

Even though I have only 2 games left in this round I'm not playing additional games until these two are finished so I can focus all my attention on winning those or at least playing my very strongest games. Then I'll play one game at a time until Round 2 starts - and study more lessons. That way I'll have only 10-11 games going on at once (10 from Round 2 plus maybe one random game) instead of 20+ games at once.

One guy I played had 99 games going on at once! That's way too many if you want to improve.

This approach has worked really well for me, it's been a real blessing.

asavkosino
[COMMENT DELETED]