Forums

5 yr old chess player

Sort:
javadnazer

My name is Javad Nazer. I have a girl which is 4.5 years old. Her name is Baran. She is the youngest profetional chess player in Iran. she played chess when she was 2 years old.She is champion of under 6 years old chess turnument of Iran now. she is traning for under 6 yeare old world champion turnument. i guess that she is the youngest profesional chess player in ther world. If any body wanted to know more about my girl can see her instagram page.

@baran.modell

2Kd21-0

The OP hasn't been online in 8 years

jjupiter6

pushy parent alert!

artekxp

I'm 46 and I can't get pass 600 rating grin.png Good job and I bet some day the history will repeat itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjEmquJhSas

DrSpudnik
2Kd21-0 wrote:

The OP hasn't been online in 8 years

His kid probably joined the circus to escape chess-nut dad.

Moonwarrior_1

Oof

Showmio
Kids a stud
Uhohspaghettio1

Lots of parents get ideas about their kid being some brilliant prodigy. Look at him saying "I'm not sure what to do next"... as if he has some extraordinary genius on his hands and he feels overwhelmed by him and unqualified on how to proceed. The reason why the kid can play chess better than a few others is because of you showing him, persisting and encouraging him - so you get that back at you in response. It's not like all other kids have that at that age or at any age. Nobody showed Fischer chess.  

Anna_Floripa

o.o

action500

Your son could become a grandmaster when he grows up.

DrSpudnik
action500 wrote:

Your son could become a grandmaster when he grows up.

Or even a WGM!

Made_in_Shoreditch

I used to help out at the chess club with the juniors and every U8 that came through the door was the next Kasparov or Polgar. They soon become aware that OTB chess at the club is a different kettle of fish to casual games at home.

UppityEelChesskid

this child is a teen now

krazeechess

I want to know how his chess career is going

DrSpudnik

Probably nowhere.

Uhohspaghettio1

So after mistakenly thinking there was a new post I hadn't seen here I was bored and clicking around idly seeing if I could to figure out what happened later, not expecting to find anything and... omg loooooool... man, there is something about this site and the people it attracts - how such people can actually exist! I was wheeze-laughing multiple times through it. It totally looks like a parody. Watch it for yourself - it's called "This is Harper's television debut.": 

They somehow got a tv channel to get roped into this "story" of a kid who can beat his mom, uncle and a few kids around his own age.   

"his family doesn't know where that talent came from", "nobody taught him to play"...... LOL, well if that isn't the biggest lie of all time! The kid clearly had a thing for playing chess, that's why he could make decent moves for his age. I saw him opening with Van Krujt's in another video so it's not like he was deep in theory about it or something like that. As for beating his mom and 32 year old uncle who "had played chess online".... umm... yeah...   

I hope someone else can appreciate how hilarious this is.   

llama47
Uhohspaghettio1 wrote:

So after mistakenly thinking there was a new post I hadn't seen here I was bored and clicking around idly seeing if I could to figure out what happened later, not expecting to find anything and... omg loooooool... man, there is something about this site and the people it attracts - how such people can actually exist! I was wheeze-laughing multiple times through it. It totally looks like a parody. Watch it for yourself - it's called "This is Harper's television debut.": 

They somehow got a tv channel to get roped into this "story" of a kid who can beat his mom, uncle and a few kids around his own age.   

"his family doesn't know where that talent came from", "nobody taught him to play"...... LOL, well if that isn't the biggest lie of all time! The kid clearly had a thing for playing chess, that's why he could make decent moves for his age. I saw him opening with Van Krujt's in another video so it's not like he was deep in theory about it or something like that. As for beating his mom and 32 year old uncle who "had played chess online".... umm... yeah...   

I hope someone else can appreciate how hilarious this is.   

Yeah it's dumb, but if you ever watch the news in the USA (maybe it's the same everywhere, I don't know) the stories usually go like  this:

1. Murder
2. Rap e
3. Rap e-Murder
4. Arson-Rap e-Murder-Suicid e
5. Arson-Suicid e
6. Local squirrel voted "Fluffiest In The Park" by a panel of 6 year olds

In other words the last story is usually dumb, but it helps you feel less depressed after the first 5 stories.

llama47

Looking the kid up, he's rated 500 USCF after 9 tournaments.

Which is not bad at all. If he still enjoys chess I hope he keeps playing...

... but obviously not news worthy lol happy.png