Forums

chess coach for kids 8-10

Sort:
cwchess1

Hi.  I'm looking for a chess coach good with kids ages 8-10 with a rating of about 1000.  I've tried some highly rated coaches but they talked over my kids heads. 

Thanks in advance.

philidorposition

You check this page out:

http://www.chess.com/coaches

SimonSeirup

Well, I have been teaching kids from 5-10 in 3 years, and I dont think kids can learn over a computer, even using skype or so, you have to find an OTB coach.

You need to find someone who has teached kids before and know how they learn. They dont need to be very good, the rating doesnt really matter, as long they are not really bad.

flashboy2222

where do you live?

Hugh_T_Patterson

I teach chess to kids (K-6) in the school system here in San francisco and you have to find someone who doesn't talk over their heads. I know some great players who are bad teachers. The trick is clear explanations and pattern recognition. I had three of my students take 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division at a local tournament. One of them had just started playing chess this year. There is a certain skill set required to teach kids how to improve their game.

rosewillliam

Excellent classes offered for children that want to learn chess online. Lauren Goodkind Chess is great instructors for beginners through advanced learners. She is amazing chess teaher and I'hv  learned so much with her. Would recommend to anyone who is interested in learning or advancing their skills.

StreetChessChampion

Hello , I can see your problem. You shold try to find professional school chess teacher. I will recomend you this site. They have what you are looking for!    http://chesstutor.org/

CorytheBest123
🔜❌
CorytheBest123
hdkoppula

I am trying to find a coach who is free and dose not take any money

hdkoppula

no trying to learn chess

CoachforCheckmate

Check this out: 

Sign up for Coach for Checkmate's new summer offering now for your free trial chess class. Sign up at bit.ly/checkmatecoach. Chess players of all levels are encouraged to apply. Limited spots available.

hdkoppula

ok