Forums

teaching chess

Sort:
SteveHowski

Hello,

I am a Peace Corps Volunteer serving in St. Lucia. I have been teaching primary school students to play Chess. I am interested in bringing my students to Chess.com and give them a chance to further their learning. However, since my students do not have an email address, I was wondering if there was some way around this issue. The children are too young to have e-mail addresses. Is there some way to create a school account and have multiple students on the account? I would really like to get them on Chess.com next time the Babonneau Primary Chess Club meets again. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Steven Kim, PCV St. Lucia 

Shivsky

Try chesskid.com? It's run by chess.com and may be more kid-friendly in terms of setting an account up.

Hugh_T_Patterson

You could also create simple email addresses for your students to be used for the purpose. The problem is that chess.com needs the email address for notifications. I would email Erik and present the problem to him. He is very good about working with people and your cause is a great one. I teach chess in classroom settings and I direct my students to chesskid.com because is more geared toward kids. Keep us posted regarding this issue. Thanks for the posting!

CowboyNoel

To date chesskid.com has been extremely hostile to any contact with students.  On one hand it is good to protect agains predators.  But I have students who have signed up using my email as their coach and I cannot discover them and they cannot find me.  The purveyors of chess.com (same people) have been notably aloof to any inquries on how to connect. 

NimzoRoy

Click on Help & Support and contact the staff directly.

kavitenyo
SteveHowski wrote:

Hello,

I am a Peace Corps Volunteer serving in St. Lucia. I have been teaching primary school students to play Chess. I am interested in bringing my students to Chess.com and give them a chance to further their learning. However, since my students do not have an email address, I was wondering if there was some way around this issue. The children are too young to have e-mail addresses. Is there some way to create a school account and have multiple students on the account? I would really like to get them on Chess.com next time the Babonneau Primary Chess Club meets again. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Steven Kim, PCV St. Lucia 

well. i need to know their strength and skill. because i have personalized book to offer. i mean i should know your skills then,, i will make book for u. exclusively. from oppening to endgame. it is lessons that is good of 15 sessions