Forums

I do not like the new, smaller analysis bar!

jas0501
BaTBaiLeyS wrote:

Looks like they are ignoring this obvious issue.

There is a partial release in Beta. It looks so, with the eval number at the top or bottom depending on who has the advantage. 

I suggested just permanently displaying the eval number in the hover position. Here is an animated GIF that illustrates the suggested always displayed behavior by keeping the mouse on the eval bar.

dockers88
jas0501 wrote:
BaTBaiLeyS wrote:

There is a partial release in Beta. It looks so, with the eval number at the top or bottom depending on who has the advantage. 

I suggested just permanently displaying the eval number in the hover position. Here is an animated GIF that illustrates the suggested always displayed behavior by keeping the mouse on the eval bar.

I'm glad it's in beta.  The real question though is did the skinny bar go through beta and no-one batted an eyelid?

BaTBaiLeyS
jas0501 wrote:
BaTBaiLeyS wrote:

Awesome, how can we test that? Is it like a closed BETA?

jas0501
dockers88 wrote:

I'm glad it's in beta.  The real question though is did the skinny bar go through beta and no-one batted an eyelid?

There were multiple posts to the Beta Forum regarding the skinny evaluation bar and the Analysis Report: Show Chart layout changes, The first on 17 June, see Bug [?]: Analysis Report Evaluation Bar value display requires pointer hover 

The feedback was not as animated as when the change was released to the general public. But in both cases there was scant positive feedback.

jas0501
BaTBaiLeyS wrote:

Via https://www.chess.com/settings

Barrowleit

FIX IT

BaTBaiLeyS
jas0501 wrote:
BaTBaiLeyS wrote:

Ok I clicked but I still see the slim bar.

jas0501
BaTBaiLeyS wrote:
jas0501 wrote:
BaTBaiLeyS wrote:

Ok I clicked but I still see the slim bar.

It is not fully released. My screen shots are from https://www.chess.com/practice/custom

BaTBaiLeyS

Ok TY!

krzaq2

Do I understand correctly that the position of the numerical value is moving around the screen? That seems a bit counter-productive, even if still better than what we have now.

SirikitS
jas0501 wrote:

+111111111111111...

TheKnightsAlliance

Sure, but how is that better than before?

BaTBaiLeyS

Its not. Its a clear downgrade and it would just be easier for chess.com to simply roll back. I dont think anyone asked for this.

TheKurosawa

any news on the old bar? I really dont like this one to be honest. Is an option to roll back to the old bar present now? Or do we have to join the beta?

jas0501
TheKurosawa wrote:

any news on the old bar? I really dont like this one to be honest. Is an option to roll back to the old bar present now? Or do we have to join the beta?

see comment #145

mafriedman

Aren't there monthly updates? Maybe the fix/option to change will be offered at the end of the month.

TheKurosawa
jas0501 wrote:
TheKurosawa wrote:

see comment #145

thanks man! 

BaTBaiLeyS

Looks like we've been heard happy.png

TheKnightsAlliance

YES!!!  Thank you chess.com for doing the right thing!  It looks....well it looks like it used to so...great.  lol, really though, we appreciate it.  

krzaq2

I'm not a fan of the number moving around (it's a bit of a hassle when trying to go through the moves looking at the eval), but it's vastly better than nothing at all.