Ridiculous New "Community Guidelines"

EndgameStudier

I just got through typing a half-page long explanation for something on my thread about 3 dimensional chess, only to have it deleted with a message claiming "you have already posted 3 consecutive messages"...WHAT? So if I happen to think of something new, or something separate, on topic, and in MY OWN THREAD, I cannot post? What's the difference between editing a post and making it 3 times longer, than just simply posting 3 separate comments in a cohesive fashion? Now I have to re-type and re-insert positions because they only wanted 10 posts on a thread instead of 11? As if that is going to make a shred of difference on a site with 30 million members and 400,000 forums? I am going to CNTRL C this just in case...

kingsonicthehedgehog

hi

EndgameStudier

Just say that everytime I post, so I don't have to worry about the consecutive nonsense now imposed. Let me get this straight, 2 people can alternate spamming for 200,000 posts, with page long comments, but someone is forbidden from posting 3 intelligent concise comments in a row.

And at least warn people of the new restriction, who would have ever thought of this???

Potato50012

Nobody.

Your turn.

ghost_of_pushwood
EndgameStudier wrote:

And at least warn people of the new restriction, who would have ever thought of this???

You don't pay a lot of attention around here, do you?

OUAT2TLG

it all depends upon the wizards and th druids and the knight and the warriors and...

what were we talking about again...?

Potato50012
OUAT2TLG wrote:

it all depends upon the wizards and th druids and the knight and the warriors and...

what were we talking about again...?

Obviously an adventuring party going on a quest.

RonaldJosephCote

  Pay attention.....we were talking about the 3 post rule. Here's a thread about it from Aug......https://www.chess.com/forum/view/help-support/please-improve-the-new-3-consecutive-post-limit-rule

RonaldJosephCote

  Erik said something about the 3 post rule a couple of weeks ago. I sent the quote to badenwurtca's thread and now I can't find it.frustrated.png

autobunny
ghost_of_pushwood wrote:
EndgameStudier wrote:

And at least warn people of the new restriction, who would have ever thought of this???

You don't pay a lot of attention around here, do you?

Only the endgame

badenwurtca

Interestingly enough I tried to point out some problems with the 3-Post rule to our " Beloved Leaders ". In the end I was accused of spamming ( in my own threads ??? ) and one of my threads was locked. Good Luck in trying to get things improved around here  lol. 

autobunny
badenwurtca wrote:

Interestingly enough I tried to point out the problem with the 3-Post rule to our " Beloved Leaders ". In the end I was accused of spamming ( in my own threads ??? ) and one of my threads was locked. Good Luck in trying to get things improved around here  lol. 

No luck involved.  You'll just have to put in your 10k hours like the rest of us.  With the help of bumps of course 😁

Martin_Stahl
RonaldJosephCote wrote:

  Erik said something about the 3 post rule a couple of weeks ago. I sent the quote to badenwurtca's thread and now I can't find it.

 

www.chess.com/forum/view/community/erik-we-are-frustrated?page=7#comment-44483782

 

RonaldJosephCote

Ah.....there you go......thank you Martin.happy.png

btickler

The 3 post rule would perhaps be better received if chess.com saved the content of your draft posts when it blocks them from being posted.  This would also stop the "I got blocked by the profanity filter and lost my life story" posts...

EscherehcsE

Always copy the text before you post...

...and it's gonna be a a "bumpy" ride going forward, it appears...

EndgameStudier
ghost_of_pushwood wrote:
EndgameStudier wrote:

And at least warn people of the new restriction, who would have ever thought of this???

You don't pay a lot of attention around here, do you?

Pay attention where? How I am supposed to think that in an 11 post-thread I should check community guidelines for 3 or 4 extra posts? Not everyone gets the same suggested forums on their right-screen.

EndgameStudier
iluvzmetuna wrote:

i don’t think chesscom make any claims about the rules needing to make logical sense.

Logical sense would prohibit 10, or 20 consecutive posts, not 2 or 3.

EndgameStudier
IMBacon wrote:
EndgameStudier wrote:

I just got through typing a half-page long explanation for something on my thread about 3 dimensional chess, only to have it deleted with a message claiming "you have already posted 3 consecutive messages"...WHAT? So if I happen to think of something new, or something separate, on topic, and in MY OWN THREAD, I cannot post? What's the difference between editing a post and making it 3 times longer, than just simply posting 3 separate comments in a cohesive fashion? Now I have to re-type and re-insert positions because they only wanted 10 posts on a thread instead of 11? As if that is going to make a shred of difference on a site with 30 million members and 400,000 forums? I am going to CNTRL C this just in case...

Now youre getting it.  Open as many accounts as you want.  Just dont post 4 times in a row.

Opening multiple accounts from the same IP Address will get you banned on all of them, nice try.

EndgameStudier
IMBacon wrote:
EndgameStudier wrote:
IMBacon wrote:
EndgameStudier wrote:

I just got through typing a half-page long explanation for something on my thread about 3 dimensional chess, only to have it deleted with a message claiming "you have already posted 3 consecutive messages"...WHAT? So if I happen to think of something new, or something separate, on topic, and in MY OWN THREAD, I cannot post? What's the difference between editing a post and making it 3 times longer, than just simply posting 3 separate comments in a cohesive fashion? Now I have to re-type and re-insert positions because they only wanted 10 posts on a thread instead of 11? As if that is going to make a shred of difference on a site with 30 million members and 400,000 forums? I am going to CNTRL C this just in case...

Now youre getting it.  Open as many accounts as you want.  Just dont post 4 times in a row.

Opening multiple accounts from the same IP Address will get you banned on all of them, nice try.

Well DUH, but i didnt say anything about the same IP.

Oh excuse me, I didn't realize that most people would travel across the country and back, just to create an account on a different IP Address, when they could just create both at once, I'm so ignorant...