Forums

This site is a real scam ...I confirm it 100%

mi_chiamo_alex

I have been going to this site for a year and a half now ... every time I reach a certain score (about 1000 points), I start to face a host of strong opponents, who lower my score (making me fall below 900 points) so also the software matches me with opponents with a score consistent with mine (therefore no longer opponents with 1000 points, but 850/900 points), but these are just as strong as the opponents I faced with 1000 points and who demonstrate a superior playing technique compared to the score so low ... I repeat ... not one, two, three strong opponents, but hosts of strong opponents: 30, 40 ... always dragging my score down ... as if this chess program is programmed to get me to 1000 points and then make me rush down each time ... at this point I declare with certainty that this site has a commercial purpose: to induce me to accept the paid chess lessons offered by the site itself ... this pra I believe it is illegal and I hope that the competent authorities will take serious measures to close the site ... people, if you want an honest chess site, report these anomalous events!

AtaChess68
🤣
Martin_Stahl
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

I have been going to this site for a year and a half now ... every time I reach a certain score (about 1000 points), I start to face a host of strong opponents, who lower my score (making me fall below 900 points) so also the software matches me with opponents with a score consistent with mine (therefore no longer opponents with 1000 points, but 850/900 points), but these are just as strong as the opponents I faced with 1000 points and who demonstrate a superior playing technique compared to the score so low ... I repeat ... not one, two, three strong opponents, but hosts of strong opponents: 30, 40 ... always dragging my score down ... as if this chess program is programmed to get me to 1000 points and then make me rush down each time ... at this point I declare with certainty that this site has a commercial purpose: to induce me to accept the paid chess lessons offered by the site itself ... this pra I believe it is illegal and I hope that the competent authorities will take serious measures to close the site ... people, if you want an honest chess site, report these anomalous events!

That's the way ratings work. You get a higher rating, you play some higher rated players, some of which will be stronger than you. Your rating will fluctuate whenever you get close to your actual "strength" level and you can have streaks of games where you win or lose.

There is nothing nefarious going on and is completely normal.

CooloutAC

It could be its focused more on w/l to try and prove their rating system is effective,  instead of matching people with you at the same rating.    On lichess i'm almost always rated with someone within 50 points of my current rating.    On chess.com  I could be facing someone as much as 200 points higher or below me on occassion.  And yes  I also feel the skills vary wildly within a 200 point rating bracket.   I'm assuming that it gradually gets more even the higher you go in rating.

1d3_1-0
CooloutAC wrote:

It could be its focused more on w/l to try and prove their rating system is effective,  instead of matching people with you at the same rating.    On lichess i'm almost always rated with someone within 50 points of my current rating.    On chess.com  I could be facing someone as much as 200 points higher or below me on occassion.  And yes  I also feel the skills vary wildly within a 200 point rating bracket.   I'm assuming that it gradually gets more even the higher you go in rating.

You can set outgoing challenge rating range 

CooloutAC
1d3_1-0 wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

I think that would just serve me up for abuse.   I wouldn't trust it lmao.  I'd rather get a random player from the pool.  Then someone who hops on his fake alt to personally destroy me.

UpbeatAngle
CooloutAC wrote:

Consider changing your rating settings so you can get the opponents in the range you want.

Martin_Stahl
CooloutAC wrote:
1d3_1-0 wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

I think that would just serve me up for abuse.   I wouldn't trust it lmao.  I'd rather get a random player from the pool.  Then someone who hops on his fake alt to personally destroy me.

Setting your rating range for seeks still pairs you in the random pool. It's just that you'll get someone closer in rating. I know the default used to be any below and any above, so if yours is that, you can get paired with anyone in the pool that happens to be looking for a game the same time you are and where your rating is in their range.

CooloutAC
Martin_Stahl wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
1d3_1-0 wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:

Setting your rating range for seeks still pairs you in the random pool. It's just that you'll get someone closer in rating. I know the default used to be any below and any above, so if yours is that, you can get paired with anyone in the pool that happens to be looking for a game the same time you are and where your rating is in their range.

ah ok good to know thanks.

mi_chiamo_alex
Martin_Stahl ha scritto:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

That's the way ratings work. You get a higher rating, you play some higher rated players, some of which will be stronger than you. Your rating will fluctuate whenever you get close to your actual "strength" level and you can have streaks of games where you win or lose.

yes ok, this is clear: the more you score, the more you face strong opponents ... but if you lose 10 games in a row, your score drops drastically and you face opponents with low scores, therefore mediocre opponents ... but in my case , when I go down to 850/900 points, I meet opponents with 850/900 points, but who play exactly like the 1000-point opponents ... their every move puts me in difficulty, they wisely move their pieces demonstrating that they know superfine game patterns ... all this is not possible for low level players ... so I am convinced that there is something shady about this chess software

CooloutAC
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:
Martin_Stahl ha scritto:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

yes ok, this is clear: the more you score, the more you face strong opponents ... but if you lose 10 games in a row, your score drops drastically and you face opponents with low scores, therefore mediocre opponents ... but in my case , when I go down to 850/900 points, I meet opponents with 850/900 points, but who play exactly like the 1000-point opponents ... their every move puts me in difficulty, they wisely move their pieces demonstrating that they know superfine game patterns ... all this is not possible for low level players ... so I am convinced that there is something shady about this chess software

It could be those are new accounts who started at 800  who are climbing in rating.

Martin_Stahl
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

At those ratings, people are generally very similar in play. It's just that in general, they are more inconsistent, but can still play very decent games.

That said, if you were to truly analyze all your games, you would find that the Play is all over the place, by both players, in the majority of cases. Short of just blunders out of the opening or early middlegame that result in short wins/losses.

All players at that level are missing multiple chances each game and the winner is the one that actually ends up recognizing the most recent error an capitalizes on it. Heck, even at higher levels, the same thing happens, it's just that there are usually more games on balance that are played with fewer errors.

Martin_Stahl

Here's an example from one of my recent games. Both sides made mistakes, multiple times, and the winner ended up being the one who took advantage of the last mistake. While playing the game, you don't realize it normally and feel your opponent was playing much better than they were.

Gold8000

Сопливый программист,составивший с бодуна эту игру,в которой нельзя рокироваться в длинную сторону,нельзя использовать битое поле и его недоразвитый,как его создатель, искусственный интеллект в середине партии ,при равной игре,решает кто победил,ау ребята,что вы курите?

Martin_Stahl

And here's an example from one of your recent games:

As players get stronger, the number of transitions start to decrease, and players will start seeing more games with no major transitions. Then as strength increases more, fewer and fewer games will have many transitions at all and may just have one or two in the ones that do.

Martin_Stahl
Gold8000 wrote:

Сопливый программист,составивший с бодуна эту игру,в которой нельзя рокироваться в длинную сторону,нельзя использовать битое поле и его недоразвитый,как его создатель, искусственный интеллект в середине партии ,при равной игре,решает кто победил,ау ребята,что вы курите?

If you link a game you are concerned about, it will probably be very logical what happened. Though, you really should create your own topic.

mi_chiamo_alex
CooloutAC ha scritto:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:
Martin_Stahl ha scritto:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

It could be those are new accounts who started at 800  who are climbing in rating.

it is not possible ... this thing that I have described happens to me CONSTANTLY every time I get about 1000 points ... it is not possible that every time I face 30-40 newly registered players who all play with excellent technique: no wasted moves, every piece is moved with confidence and aimed at eating my pieces ... I can understand if this happened with two, three players just signed up ... but if it happens every time with 20-30 players in a row, every time I get 1000 points, then I have enough elements to argue that there is a shady mechanism on this site ... I'm not good at chess, but I'm still a smart person and you are obviously paid by the site to hide uncomfortable truths

CooloutAC
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:
CooloutAC ha scritto:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:
Martin_Stahl ha scritto:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

it is not possible ... this thing that I have described happens to me CONSTANTLY every time I get about 1000 points ... it is not possible that every time I face 30-40 newly registered players who all play with excellent technique: no wasted moves, every piece is moved with confidence and aimed at eating my pieces ... I can understand if this happened with two, three players just signed up ... but if it happens every time with 20-30 players in a row, every time I get 1000 points, then I have enough elements to argue that there is a shady mechanism on this site ... I'm not good at chess, but I'm still a smart person and you are obviously paid by the site to hide uncomfortable truths

lol no,   I feel the same way when i reach 400.  I get crushed back down to 300 by guys that seem way better then me.   In fact the same thing was happening to me at rating 200.  ANd it took me a while to get over that hurdle I was freaking out.  Then once I did it was easy smooth sailing all the way to 400 and I hite another hard brick wall.   SO I agree with you its very strange.  Have you tried playing on lichess.org?   Thats what I did and the matchups are usually more consistent there.

borboletta
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

I meet opponents with 850/900 points, but who play exactly like the 1000-point opponents ... their every move puts me in difficulty, they wisely move their pieces demonstrating that they know superfine game patterns ... all this is not possible for low level players ...

With all due respect, you are nowhere near a position to make that sort of judgement. The fact that they play a move that puts you in difficulty does not mean it's a good move - it says more about you than about them. You're just hitting your first rating plateau, it's a very well documented phenomena that applies to all players, on all platforms, and on all medium - just google it. 

At your level, a coach or lessons would help, but they're not necessary to overcome a plateau - just play slow games (even daily if you have to), and make sure you think carefully about every move you play. 

CooloutAC
borboletta wrote:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

I meet opponents with 850/900 points, but who play exactly like the 1000-point opponents ... their every move puts me in difficulty, they wisely move their pieces demonstrating that they know superfine game patterns ... all this is not possible for low level players ...

With all due respect, you are nowhere near a position to make that sort of judgement. The fact that they play a move that puts you in difficulty does not mean it's a good move - it says more about you than about them. You're just hitting your first rating plateau, it's a very well documented phenomena that applies to all players, on all platforms, and on all medium - just google it. 

At your level, a coach or lessons would help, but they're not necessary to overcome a plateau - just play slow games (even daily if you have to), and make sure you think carefully about every move you play. 

The problem is the "rating plateau" does not always feel natural.   For example I tanked my rating all the way down to 100  from 461 after being a steady 400 player.   I just got real tilted on the forums and other things and it was wrong of me to do.    I even closed my account.   When I came back  and started playing again days later,  i couldn't even get past the 200 mark.   I was literally plateauing at rating 150 and made a post about it because it felt so wrong.     Once I got to the 200 mark  I literally won every game all the way to 400 where I now hit another wall.   This might be my natural plateau at this point,   or might be another artificial one which the OP might be correctly feeling at his level.     Someone doesn't even have to be a chess player to have a sports sense my friend.   He has every right to question it.

I find the lichess rating system to be more natural feeling with more consistent competitive matchups imo.