Forums

This site is a real scam ...I confirm it 100%

CooloutAC
AunTheKnight wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
CheesePrix2314 wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

Once again, the rating system accounts for this. 

Oh my god, this user blocked me! *Blames the rating system*

Oh no, I always lost to Nelson checkmating me! *Blames the rating system*

I can't become a Grandmaster! *Blames the rating system*

“I LOST A GAME! I’LL START TROLLING THE FORUMS AND BLAME THE RATING SYSTEM!”

Oh, wait. 

people like who literally condone smurfing are part of the problem bud.

No one’s condoning smurfing, bro. 

You literally condone what Fuchuina did.  You chastized me for saying it was wrong of him to make a 400 rated account as a 2000 rated player and then go on a 100 game winning spree.  You're fake and everyone in the world reading these forums knows it now.

Squire321
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

I have been going to this site for a year and a half now ... every time I reach a certain score (about 1000 points), I start to face a host of strong opponents, who lower my score (making me fall below 900 points) so also the software matches me with opponents with a score consistent with mine (therefore no longer opponents with 1000 points, but 850/900 points), but these are just as strong as the opponents I faced with 1000 points and who demonstrate a superior playing technique compared to the score so low ... I repeat ... not one, two, three strong opponents, but hosts of strong opponents: 30, 40 ... always dragging my score down ... as if this chess program is programmed to get me to 1000 points and then make me rush down each time ... at this point I declare with certainty that this site has a commercial purpose: to induce me to accept the paid chess lessons offered by the site itself ... this pra I believe it is illegal and I hope that the competent authorities will take serious measures to close the site ... people, if you want an honest chess site, report these anomalous events!

I do agree that the website really should offer more free training.  Back when I started on chess.com (over five years ago), I was able to do several lessons in one day for free. Then, I could only do one per day. THEN, I could only do the first lesson, or maybe a few of the first lessons on each topic (say, openings), then all of the other lessons in that series were locked, no matter what, unless I paid money, which I have never done and probably never will do.

This is certainly frustrating, and the website is continuing to go in this direction, but I don't really think there is any scam involved.

CooloutAC
Squire321 wrote:
mi_chiamo_alex wrote:

I have been going to this site for a year and a half now ... every time I reach a certain score (about 1000 points), I start to face a host of strong opponents, who lower my score (making me fall below 900 points) so also the software matches me with opponents with a score consistent with mine (therefore no longer opponents with 1000 points, but 850/900 points), but these are just as strong as the opponents I faced with 1000 points and who demonstrate a superior playing technique compared to the score so low ... I repeat ... not one, two, three strong opponents, but hosts of strong opponents: 30, 40 ... always dragging my score down ... as if this chess program is programmed to get me to 1000 points and then make me rush down each time ... at this point I declare with certainty that this site has a commercial purpose: to induce me to accept the paid chess lessons offered by the site itself ... this pra I believe it is illegal and I hope that the competent authorities will take serious measures to close the site ... people, if you want an honest chess site, report these anomalous events!

I do agree that the website really should offer more free training.  Back when I started on chess.com (over five years ago), I was able to do several lessons in one day for free. Then, I could only do one per day. THEN, I could only do the first lesson, or maybe a few of the first lessons on each topic (say, openings), then all of the other lessons in that series were locked, no matter what, unless I paid money, which I have never done and probably never will do.

This is certainly frustrating, and the website is continuing to go in this direction, but I don't really think there is any scam involved.

The problem is they allow streamers to "speedrun" .   this in turn encourages others to make alt accounts and do the same thing,  not even realizing its against TOS.  And you have undercover employees like AunTheKnight trying to cover it up claiming the system accurately rates people with in 20 games.  When anyone who watches these streamers speedrun knows it can take 100s, literally winning every match.  Its shameful. 

Lichess use to allow it,  then they realized it was detrimental to the playerbase by promoting rating maniuplation.  And they hever now even banned super GM's repeatedly and explicitily put in their TOS they make no exceptions now.  IMO chess.com should do the same,  but I hink they get part of the ad money from these streamers so it is allowed.   Its basically corruption.

AunTheKnight

I’m an employee? I’m flattered, but I’m not even old enough to work!

CooloutAC
AunTheKnight wrote:

well that explains it.  I'm glad your not another crazy old man, there is still hope for you with the right leadership lol.  

VeryDrunkBadger

For everyone that has a problem with going up in ratings and suddenly encountering multiple opponents that are playing better....

Just delete your account, select "Other" as your reason for deleting your account when prompted, and type "F*** Chess" in the little description box, and then confirm you are permanently deleting your account.

Wait 24 hours to cool off, and then create a new account, choose "New to Chess" as your skill level, and enjoy playing games against players in the 200 - 1200 range until you get back to that point where you become frustrated again, and then rinse/repeat.

Works like a charm. I must have done this 20 times or so myself.

AunTheKnight
CooloutAC wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

well that explains it.  I'm glad your not another crazy old man, there is still hope for you with the right leadership lol.  

“Right leadership”

I think you are taking too many medications. 

CooloutAC
AunTheKnight wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

“Right leadership”

Well hopefully you aren't being told by your chess club that blitz isn't real chess and it's improper etiquette not to resign when in a losing position.

CooloutAC
VeryDrunkBadger wrote:

For everyone that has a problem with going up in ratings and suddenly encountering multiple opponents that are playing better....

Just delete your account, select "Other" as your reason for deleting your account when prompted, and type "F*** Chess" in the little description box, and then confirm you are permanently deleting your account.

Wait 24 hours to cool off, and then create a new account, choose "New to Chess" as your skill level, and enjoy playing games against players in the 200 - 1200 range until you get back to that point where you become frustrated again, and then rinse/repeat.

Works like a charm. I must have done this 20 times or so myself.

These forums really are a cesspool.    That's not the solution, people like you are the cause. Wow...

AunTheKnight
CooloutAC wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
CooloutAC wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:

“Right leadership”

Well hopefully you aren't being told by your chess club that blitz isn't real chess and it's improper etiquette not to resign when in a losing position.

Oh, actually, not at all. They always say to play on to learn something. Blitz is chess, by definition, so no dispute there. We can agree on something!

greypenguin

its rather wrong to assume those who have done somethings you think are wrong will always have invalid arguments and you wont take them into consideration.

next, plateaus do exist, i hope we can agree. plateaus affect everyone, GMs and beginners alike. your sudden drop of rating took place in 1 day. ofc ppl have bad days, perhaps that might be one. its a common temptation to "play one more to get my rating back", but it only leads to greater rating loss. its good to see you've climbed back to you previous ratings, so i dont see what kind of blockade you claim to have hit on the way?

and also, your post is highly misleading and far fetched with conspiracy-like claims about how chess.com hires people to provide misinformation and hide things. far fetched indeed. if i wanted to be heard, i would be more civil.

neoplan

Bad... HERE play laggers player