Forums

Being able to use a DGT Board

Sort:
Threebeast

I know it maybe expensive but I like the dgt e board like anything in life it alls depends what a person value and willing to spend. Maybe it can be done cheaper I do not know but still one decides make one that will compete with DGT this only option, again I love my dgt board.

maxwellsmarty

yes me too love it...before i bought it i was a bit hesitant and unsure if i would regret spending so much money..but i must say  now that i had it for over a year,,im very happy i got it...so much better to play like that..to bad no support here on chess.com for it..sure i would play more games here if  or when they will support it..but they will have to make it perfect like on FICS...not like on chessbase...playchess.com where its faulty  and sometimes dont register moves because of chessbase software problem...FICS with Babachess works 100 percent good...i play there mostly..please chess.com let us use dgt board in the near future...thx...

trener

FICS is ok for DGT board but you can also play at chessclub.com with Babaschess

Threebeast

I think the DGT e-board works very well with Babaschess. I was very uncertain about the purchase but now that I have one I am glad I brought. I play more slower time control  15min vs 5min and I do not have worry about mouse slips and perfect to play aganist chess engines as well. I know that it expensive and if someone (company) can make and put on the market cheaper that would be even better. I also found it works with Arena and of course it works with fritz. 

DVF
I too think the DGT board is great and use it for all games with a time control of 15 minutes or more. I do not use Chess.com and if they do not support the board I have no reason to start using them. Both ICC and playchess work well. I would be interested to know if there were tournaments specifically for DGT board users or whether anyone like the idea of one. Regards.
RocksolidRook

please

add the feature

trener

DVF, there a lot of tournaments with slower time control at ICC, FICS and playchess and you can use your DGT board.

DVF

Hi trener, I was specifically meaning "between" DGT board users. Just a thought, regards.

maxwellsmarty

i think the program is on the dvd or cd that came with your Dgt Board...when u initially installed programs its called theater or something like that...

ollave
Shadowknight911 wrote:

I've got my DGT board now hooked up to my laptop. I would like to stream the game out to the Internet, from my laptop.    I can use something like Webex or GotoMeeting but they cost money.  There must be a free way to do this.  Anyone have any ideas?

If you can get (incremental?) pgn out, this might do: https://code.google.com/p/pgn4web/

Warning: I've not tried the software, and don't own a DGT board.

ollave
TheWorm wrote:

I asked Erik (Eric?), the main boss, if/when we would get to see DGT board support.  He said it is so far down on the priority list that it will never happen.  :-(

His response is on the chess.com video from 13Sep2011 toward the end (but before Danny and David start playing bullet chess games) in case anyone wants to see it.  The recording hasn't been posted quite yet, so I can't give you a time index.

Sorry for the bad news.

Responding to a very old post, sorry.

What would be nice (and might be feasible) would be an open/open-with-restrictions API (I'd accept non-disclosure and having to pass a test suite before use, to protect other users' experience of chess.com), not specific to DGT boards particularly.

Then various interfaces could interoperate, potentially.

How practical that would be I don't know; a lot would depend on how chess.com's current browser interaction is implemented, and how their back end is implemented. Neither of which I know anything about.

The attractiveness of a DGT board (and live chess on chess.com) would go up if a hook-up were possible. I'm afraid that while I like the interface to "online" chess on chess.com, the "live" interface seems noisy and full of information I don't want to see and can't easily turn off.

maxwellsmarty

im selling my mephisto milano pro mint condition..2150 real ELO chess computer...anyone interested let me know...

Threebeast

In reponse to JaneCMD...

I have no expericence in buldling something like a DGT e board. I personally love my board. If is easy to build I wish someone would have made one by now. We all know many people buy products all time and never use them. If you it is not worth the price then great. I like my DGT e board I feel that playing online with the board is playing in the stone ages, again this just my opinion.

maxwellsmarty

what did u mean its like playing in the stone ages???  i love my dgt board and although i do play at work looking at 2 d screen but seriously playing using the actual beautiful board without having to look up on the screen or clicking with mouse is priceless...but i agree dgt boards way to expensive specially if u live outside US and have to pay for tax and shipping...ridiculously expensive altogether mine cost me 1400cdn..no joke,do i regret it? no way!! i only regret the price....

DVF
If there is no possibility of the DGT board being available for use on this site, then there is no point in even considering trying to play a game here. If it is so far down their list of priorities; it is top of mine to leave this site. Happy chess everyone. Regards Dave
haja0011

I also use the DGT board. IT is very sad that Chess.com doesn't support it. As long as they do not support it I will only solve the daily puzzles.
Regards Jan 

Threebeast

I would recommend FICS(babaschess) or playchess.com (fritz) or Arena(FICS) with the DGT board.

Threebeast

should workd on  ICC but I prefer FICS.. why pay.

maxwellsmarty

yes u can i have same setup works perfect on FICS..ull have to download Babachess it works with FICS

Threebeast

DGT board with babasbchess on FICS is the way to play on internet.