x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

can't block someone

  • #1

    I get invitations to a group I do not want to join repeatedly and it says block the sender. Well the sender has a Moderater sign. The system will not let you block a staff member or a Moderater. Why can they block are mute me with no explanations but I can not stop group invites

  • #2

    Try the Privacy setting:

    Privacy

    Send and Receive Messages
    All membersOnly my friends
    May Post/View My Notes
    All membersOnly my friends
    May View My Blog
    All membersOnly my friends
    May See My Friend List
    All membersOnly my friendsNobody
    Allow Incoming Friend Requests
     
    Allow Game Challenges
     
    Allow Club Invitations
     
    Allow Members to Send Me Tournament Invitations
     
    Safe Mode
     
    Save
  • #3

    Mods and staff can not be blocked or controlled

  • #4

     Yeah, I get that, but a workaround is to simply not allow club invitations:

    Allow Club Invitations
     
     
  • #5

    What do you not understand the system (chess.com) says if you do not want more invites block the sender the sender is a Mod therefore unblockable.

  • #6

    Those darn mods are at it again, huh?

  • #7

     Revolution!

       

       *Account mysteriously closes*

  • #8

    I'm sure that if you message the moderator, they would figure out how to stop sending you messages: some moderators use just the one account, which includes all of the non-moderator stuff that they do, like manage clubs and so on.

  • #9
    Fennifer wrote:

     Revolution!

       

       *Account mysteriously closes*

    Well actually, there is a revolution.. one to take back this site from the tyrannical rule of the current staff and elites, and #MaceChesscomGreatAgain!

    https://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/support-my-campaign-for-chess-com-staff-member

    Join the movement if you would like to have a hand in making chess.com a better place for all!

  • #10
    Stephenson2 wrote:

    I get invitations to a group I do not want to join repeatedly and it says block the sender. Well the sender has a Moderater sign. The system will not let you block a staff member or a Moderater. Why can they block are mute me with no explanations but I can not stop group invites

    How about sending a message to that person, telling him to stop sending you invitations, because you don't want to join?

    edit: oh, @david already suggested that

  • #11
    Some users are rude via message during a game. I try block them but the game continues. And if I resign to escape the rude person game then I lose points
  • #12
    newskilz wrote:
    Some users are rude via message during a game. I try block them but the game continues. And if I resign to escape the rude person game then I lose points

    Blocking a person stops them from sending you any messages, from posting any user notes on your profile, from posting in any forum threads you create, and from matching automatically with a game seek from you:

    null

    It doesn't stop you from seeing their messages in the chat of a Live Chess game you are already playing with them: to do that, you actually want to disable the chat:

    nullPlease note: that only disables the chat for that Live Chess game: the other person can still send you nasty messages. It doesn't disable chat for your next Live Chess game either, although you can change your profile settings to automatically disable chat for all your Live Chess games.

    If it's really nasty insults, you can also report them to the Support team via Help --> Report Abuse or https://support.chess.com/customer/portal/emails/new

    I hope that helps!

    Cheers,

    David, moderator

  • #13
    The report abuse button should be clearly listed on the game options when you are playing. This is common for most websites.
  • #14

    Pretty strange for a mod.

  • #15

    chess.com says to block the sender the staff/Mod is the only admin of the group in question

  • #16
    So don't block them
  • #17
    david wrote:
    newskilz wrote:
    Some users are rude via message during a game. I try block them but the game continues. And if I resign to escape the rude person game then I lose points

    Blocking a person stops them from sending you any messages, from posting any user notes on your profile, from posting in any forum threads you create.

    This is Good but not Mods/Staff

Top

Online Now