Forums

copy and pasting

Sort:
nameno1had

Is there anyone else who is having any trouble copying and pasting things either from outside of chess.com to it or from chess.com to another program.... such as pgn files, html, etc...

I have for 2 days now...

LikeTheLake

Is there anyone else who is having any trouble copying and pasting things either from outside of chess.com to it or from chess.com to another program.... such as pgn files, html, etc...

I have for 2 days now...

nameno1had

I just tried something else to concur with your findings guys....I think I must have a bad or missing update....this is really weird.... thanks for the info...

Pre_VizsIa

I have for 2 days now...

(sorry nameno1had)

Conflagration_Planet

I can't copy and paste with this damn FireFox, anyway. I need another browser. It's been more than two days.

Master_Kaina

don't blame Firefox .. i don't hv trouble w/it .. wat version r u use'n?

Conflagration_Planet
Master_Kaina wrote:

don't blame Firefox .. i don't hv trouble w/it .. wat version r u use'n?

The newest, I think.

nameno1had

My computer is acting retarded.... I have been using firefox also... I was unable to type a word in my notepad and the copy and paste it there after I deleted it... I am using vista home basic .....you? I am doing a system scan for viruses and then I'll reboot and check for glitches and fixes on the web... if find anything useful, I'll pass it along

nameno1had

No viruses...I only found an adobe update...I also restarted my computer...works fine now .... Smile

NimzoRoy

Try describing your OS and browser next time inc. what versions you're using.

For future reference:

http://blog.chess.com/NimzoRoy/diagnosing-and-fixing-internet-problems

msjenned

There is no one having any more trouble copying and pasting things either from outside of chess.com to it or from chess.com to another program.... such as pgn files, html, etc...

2 days ago later...eveybody is now happy and playing chess.

:: :::: :>

Master_Kaina

ya not update'n adobe & such will cause probz .. also lvu vulnerable2security issues. i update every other day.  use'n Firefox 15.0.1 on Windows Vista

w/3plug-ins:

Adobe Acrobat PDF Plug-In 10.1.4

Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.60.24

Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502

& 2extensions:

NoScript 2.6.3

Adblock Plus 2.2.1

w/3free security programs:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.1.1000

AVG Anti-Virus 2013

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2

Love-At-First-Sting
1RedKnight99
  •  chess.com to it or from chess.com to another program.... such as pgn files, html, etc...

I have for 2 days now... In fact, it seems good to me!!!!!!!!!

• 4 days ago · Quote · #2

LikeTheLake  

I have for 2 days now...

• 4 days ago · Quote · #3

skullskullskull 

I have for 2 days now...

DrFrank124c
nameno1had wrote:

My computer is acting retarded.... I have been using firefox also... I was unable to type a word in my notepad and the copy and paste it there after I deleted it... I am using vista home basic .....you? I am doing a system scan for viruses and then I'll reboot and check for glitches and fixes on the web... if find anything useful, I'll pass it along

Vista may be the problemo. Try switching your os to XP and if u cant get XP switch to Ubunto which is free.

nameno1had

XP is too old. Microsoft no longer will give you much service for it. I am sure Vista is next on the chopping block. I am sure they want to boost sales of their newest OS. I am having the same trouble again. Last time I needed an adobe update. Funny that 2 days later it is back again ?

nameno1had

I was actually thinking about using Lynux instead of windows. I am begining to think I'd have a lot less trouble and more speed.

Conflagration_Planet

XP is what I have.

DrFrank124c

nameno1had said he had vista. If u have XP you should try killing the hard drive and re-entering XP. Be sure to save all the data and stuff on a flash drive or disk or something.

Conflagration_Planet

I have no idea how to do that.