Forums

Expedited Conditional

Sort:
ironkoopa

I don't think I would like to come back to a game that I thought was still playable/going and find out that I've been magically mated (kudos to the other guy). I would rather resign if I saw an obvious forced mate coming and save some dignity (and protect my ego). If people really want to play out the positions, there's a feature for that.
thegab03
Knightmage wrote:

how about giving the tournament creator an overriding option to select the outcome of any game if needed. So if someone selected vacation with an obvious losing game the TD could decide the result as would happen for OTB competitions where a appeal was raised.

I thought that that function already exsisted, well it did 8 weeks ago, for I remmeber having one player complain about another holding the tourney up, & as TD, I had to find da bro & find out why, luckyly for me, da bro was away on a genuine working mission, I'll have to look in to this, to see if da option is still there on TD TOOLS, yo!

Knightmage
thegab03 wrote:
Knightmage wrote:

how about giving the tournament creator an overriding option to select the outcome of any game if needed. So if someone selected vacation with an obvious losing game the TD could decide the result as would happen for OTB competitions where a appeal was raised.

I thought that that function already exsisted, well it did 8 weeks ago, for I remmeber having one player complain about another holding the tourney up, & as TD, I had to find da bro & find out why, luckyly for me, da bro was away on a genuine working mission, I'll have to look in to this, to see if da option is still there on TD TOOLS, yo!

Sweet, so therefore should be up to TD to make a call :)

thegab03

Yes but it's not a nice call to have to follow through with, in the worst of cases, it's better to get on to Stuff about it, for I don't like to play ze executioner, yo! Embarassed

wormrose

It seems to me that the subject of this forum has shifted from the automation of forced moves to adjucation by a third party. Is there some connection?