Forums

i looked at the new format

Sort:
furtiveking
chessplayer1101 wrote:

The issues people are having with the smartphones are related to the rollout it would seem.

This site has an app for the Android.

Most of the issues I've seen reports of come from users trying to access the site as a website from their mobile devices. When folks use the app, I've not yet seen any issues (though, that's not to say there aren't any.)

I am aware of the Android app, and I use it a lot, what I was saying is that I'd never access chess.com through my phone's browser and expect it to work. Nor should others.

As for TT, I have no doubt there are issues there, it's probably the most complicated part of the site. That doesn't mean that there are 100s of bugs on the site though. 

Wrinn

ITT:

whiners whining about changes for the sake of whining because they don't like things that change.  

Jantar
Cystem_Phailure wrote:

.......  Chess.com just sent a message saying the new changes are all wonderful, and between the lines it basically says those who complain are just people who can't adjust to change.

I read the message as being "those who complain are just people who we don't want on this site"

blackfirestorm

yes but now a lot of them bugs have been cleared up

Cystem_Phailure

If they manage to get fix everything that doesn't work, then we'll just have the silly changes left. Like removing timestamps from posts, removing all information from icons in the trophy showcase, the glaring white . . . all the changes that were done on purpose.

Joseph-S
Cystem_Phailure wrote:

If they manage to get fix everything that doesn't work, then we'll just have the silly changes left. Like removing timestamps from posts, removing all information from icons in the trophy showcase, the glaring white . . . all the changes that were done on purpose.

For sure!

whitebull

Gee folks, what do you think their motive is?

Joseph-S
whitebull wrote:

Gee folks, what do you think their motive is?

Erik likes to tinker.

whitebull

Gee, do you know Erik?

Joseph-S
whitebull wrote:

Gee, do you know Erik?

Everybody thats been here awhile knows him a little bit.

Dogbert000

I can't see my oppents stats anymore to size them up in the new format, also on the iphone app stats only shows half of the page and you cant scroll over to the other half, same problem with tournaments button page.

Is there a way to revert back?

chessplayer11
BorgQueen wrote:
GhostNight wrote:

At the bottom of the screen is a little pawn, and is says, "Unlock all of chess.com" What does that do??

I'd guess that it takes you to where you can upgrade your membership?  I don't see that pawn... but I wouldn't expect you to either...

Here's yours for "online chess" (I still think that name sucks):

It's in the bar at the bottom that drops down. You can disable it so you might not see it.

Yeah, I never got used to "online chess" as a way to distinguish it from Live chess. Of course it's online.

ChessMarkstheSpot

Not a very big fan of the new format. I hope a revert comes very soon. The old school way is much easier to navigate.

-Mark

GhostNight

I notice when you switch screens and right now when I hit reply, its a long pause before I can type. Same with when I make my move chess online it takes a while and if you forget and keep pressing the buttons, things can get messed up fast and froze

suzettemy

The site keeps crashing on me, which was never an issue before.  I also miss the status line on the profile page, and the profile pic in one of my groups is showing up one way to some members and one way to other members.  There are some definite bugs here.

TheGrobe

Are you using an iPad? It's stable for me.... Except on my iPad.

GhostNight

lolo +20