Forums

Introduction of a New form of live chess......Live Chess Team Matches

Sort:
Aditya_Deshpande8

Hello everybody....i am a chess enthusiast and a frequent live chess player....though my rating isn't that good...but my suggestion is...and i urge all of you to go through my suggestion.....

I am a member of a team/group named BHARAT...recently the admins of this group have found out a very new and novel form of chess...i.e live chess team matches.... the team matches in live chess are played by members of the group and one has to agree that it is quite a difficult job because each participant has to send a friend request to all other participants because only then can the members challenge each other to play games in live chess...(yeah sending friend requests also connects different people Cool)...... 

At the moment, the teams/groups on chess.com can conduct only online team chess matches....i just thought that if playing team matches could be extended to live chess and this is my reason for sharing my views with all of you...chess.com moderators and site architects....please look into this....it might just make our beloved site more wonderful...and given that you developers at chess.com have brought tournaments to live chess, i don't think introducing team matches to live chess would be impossible...expecting a positive response....thank you readers for reading my suggestion, cheers to all

Skand

Live Chess matches will be real fun.

StrategicPlay

I agree. Live Chess team matches should be introduced. So even the usual Live Chess players that are members of groups can play each other in their speedy style.

I hope staff will hear us! Smile

Aditya_Deshpande8

yeah i have also asked kohai and her answer was that the team is working on this....it would take time as it is a big and complicated process, but still they're working hard...great.. isn't it?? Laughing

amrita1

Dear Aditya ,

The match you participated in was an experiment in which matches were played in series as we wanted all the  participants to be spectators as well for the matches of other participants !That is why you were asked to send friend's request to all the other participants so as to be able to view their matches !

But in our usual weekly intragroup live chess team matches conducted till now where the games take place simultaneously ,we just ask the participants (usually from the challenging team) to send friend's request to their opponents only (ie.only one friend's request ,that too from the members of challenging team only)!

So,it is really not that great job ,as you might be thinking!

We are enjoying it at "BHARAT"even without the support of chess.com system ! :-)

rakesh972

Yes, this is positive thought that live chess team matches should be introduced. 

chessolite

can u ask the staff aditya because ithink chess.com had started on taking this initiative a month or two ago ..

that was the time when BHARAT was thinking to start live team matches

Balusaheb

It is a novelty. Let us hope that chess.com is ready with the programme at the earliest. Also thanks to Aditya for this.

Scottrf
vibhav_king wrote:

This chess is getting boring due to deep opening knowledge.

Fisher random is greate alternative.

Your average opponent is 1143 rated, I'm not sure how deep their opening knowledge is or how well they use it.

Aditya_Deshpande8
vibhav_king wrote:

This chess is getting boring due to deep opening knowledge.

Fisher random is greate alternative.

chess cannot get bring.....we have many variations, many openings......my advice if u r getting bored with the regular openings, try different ones ....i mean first analyze them and then you have a huge variety from A00 to E99...right?? btw i second you on the Fischer Random part....it could also be introduced in live chess

Scottrf
vibhav_king wrote:

where do u get the exact no. of my average opp.

On your profile, online games it says it. Maybe you have to be a premium member. It’s higher on Live Standard and Blitz.

amrita1
Scottrf wrote:
vibhav_king wrote:

where do u get the exact no. of my average opp.

On your profile, online games it says it. Maybe you have to be a premium member. It’s higher on Live Standard and Blitz.

This information is available to all including non -premium member viewers , by clicking on the particular type of the chess whose rating is given in the list at the lower right corner of the profile page of a member !

manavendra

Individual contribution at such ratings is more important than team contribution. Besides, Live chess are played at short intervals with only intermittent breaks. So, if you really desire such live chess games, it would be beneficial only when played defined by a particular theme of the opening. Deep openings takes time to elaborate and analyze so it would be a waste to spend time playing with them live. Tactics and strategic play occupy a priority position in Chess rather than the opening seed.

PS: There are certain non-free chess engines who let you play live team chess creating AI team members for you and your opponent.

Aditya_Deshpande8

@ manavendra....thanks for the heads up...

chessolite

chess.com knows only

Martin0

At least it isn't on their roadmap, but the simpliest way is to just send them a message and ask. Staff doesn't seem to read or respond to forums like this.

Aditya_Deshpande8

Yeah but i asked kohai....she told me it is there in their plans....well lets see!