Forums

Is your tactics trainer rating plunging?

Sort:
Jpatrick

Mine sure is.  In the last few days I went from around 1975 at 66.6% accuracy  down to present 1549 at 66.7%.

The problems down here aren't really that much easier than the ones "up there". 

Anyone else having a similar experience?

rooperi

Yeah, I've been thinking I get farfewer points for correct answers than before. I need to solve 3/4 just to break even.

planeden

i thought i was just getting dumber. 

STBRDOG

My experience has been similar.  It seems that you now have to get the correct answer very quickly to be awarded more than than 2 or 3 additional points.  Wrong answers still result in a loss of 12 to 15 points.  It's tough to improve your rating now unless you can solve the problems very quickly and it's easier than ever to "drop off a cliff" if you have a bad day!

gordonyoung

yes i agree you get few points for a correct solution and lose lots if you are wrong.

Jpatrick

I'd really like someone who knows to weigh in and explain what changes have been made to the tactics trainer rating system.

I can see that you get 10% instead of 20% credit if you get the problem correct after time is expired.

Does this mean that all other partial credit is now reduced by 50%?  Are there other changes as well?

planeden
echecs06 wrote:
planeden wrote:

No, the problems and the requirements for scoring are getting harder!

i guess chess.com just doesn't care about my self esteem, huh?  Laughing

rooperi
planeden wrote:
echecs06 wrote:
planeden wrote:

No, the problems and the requirements for scoring are getting harder!

i guess chess.com just doesn't care about my self esteem, huh? 

My low self esteem is much worse than yours.

planeden
rooperi wrote:

My low self esteem is much worse than yours.

doubt it.  yours is high enough to put up a picture of yourself.  i am too ugly for such things. 

Dragec

does this solve your questions(perhaps it wasn't so gentle) ? :

http://www.chess.com/article/view/new-support-site-game-comments--more3

"After much analysis of ratings data, we've made changes to reduce ongoing ratings inflation. We want our ratings to offer a meaningful index of chess skill and of a player's genuine improvement over time. It was clear that some of our ratings types were getting a little... unreal.

A lot of analysis went into this, resulting in changes that will gently bring ratings for Tactics Trainer and Chess Mentor more in line with online & Live chess ratings, and slow the pace of artificial inflation for those two as well."

erik

looks like we weren't gentle enough. we have corrected part of this and your ratings should improve normally now. thanks for your input!

rooperi
erik wrote:

looks like we weren't gentle enough.........

But I like it rough

planeden

funny that after months of work i had just gotten my tactics trainer rating close to my online rating. 

zerobounds

lol...

i havent been using for a month or so but my tactics rating is higher than my correspondence rating... which i thought was pretty weird. I was downright scared to turn it on sometimes because of the huge penalty it gave me for getting a problem wrong already, i cant imagine if its even rougher now.

mirage

I reset mine this morning when I was at about 1830.  After doing 55 tactics I'm back up to 1758, still getting the vast majority of them correct.  I'm going to stop for now because my brain is fragged... but I think whatever problem caused this is mostly fixed, because my TT rating randomly dips below that number from time to time often anyway.

Jpatrick

I just reset mine about an hour ago.  Now I'm in mid 1800's with 95% success. Not sure if that's "normal" range because I don't know what "normal" is now.

planeden

show offs.  hehehe

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Mine is at an all-time high. Except for this bug:

Rating

Current: 2781
Highest: 2772 (1 Sep 2010)
Lowest: 1391 (1 Mar 2008)
planeden

wow, you are more than twice as tactical as me.  mine is around 1300 after the recent drop. 

Conflagration_Planet

Mine are just staying at the about the same crappy level.