Forums

LARGER time clocks needed!

Sort:
Scion5

Does anyone else find the clocks WAY too small for bullet chess? I find it almost impossible to play the game and watch such tiny clocks. Clocks need to be 3X larger and situated in middle of board... 

Scion5

I have sent this request for consideration before and have not gotten a reason NOT to enlarge the clocks...can't be a huge web programming problem. This would make site much better for bullet and blitz players and is an easy fix.

TheGrobe

One option for you might be to download a magnification application -- you can highlight a section of your screen and have it magnified in a window elsewhere on your desktop.

Scion5

thanks, thegrobe...I won't be able to see both times but I am willing to try anything..I lose so many games on time in last seconds and am too involved in solving the game problems that a little tiny time clock just does not get my attention...

TheGrobe

You might be able to find one that lets you set two magnifiers up.  I tinkered a little with the native magnifyer in Windows 7 this morning, but it  doesn't seem to fit the bull.  It insists on following some kind of focus, whether your mouse pointer, a text cursor etc.  There doesn't seem to be an option to magnify a fixed field.

VULPES_VULPES

The clocks actually display time??

I thought it was just an icon.

ivandh
VULPES_VULPES wrote:

The clocks actually display time??

I thought it was just an icon.

There wouldn't be much of a point if they didn't?

Scion5

Management accepts requests ...if enough members request it, they can change the size...

furtiveking

Scion, while you have the right to make requests and suggestions, making more than one thread about the exact same subject is annoying and counter-productive.

Additionally, and this goes for anyone, the best way to contact staff directly is to use the "Help & Support" link at the bottom of the page.

Scion5

thanx for advice...has anyone requested larger clocks before? Has management increased size? Maybe more requests would create some action.

TheGrobe

Perhaps a larger monitor....

Scion5

always amazing that people don't realize that this website is something we PAY for. Suggesting improvements to the website is productive and responsible as a member. As simple factual reality, the little clock readouts are WAY too small for bullet chess. It takes VERY LITTLE to change this aspect of website..Notice they do have different board sizes...you guys think that is bad? I have requested from management that they enlarge the clocks...so I am suggesting that if enough of their "paying customers" complain, they will eventually do something about it. I will post as often as necessary to to keep thread viable..as a paying customer that is my right, and responsibility, contrary to some opinions expressed here. I find it odd that some posters take offense at a simple request,..doesn't speak well of their mental condition...As usual, trolls abound where there are no repercussions for their sicko attitudes.

Scion5

Anyone interested in larger time clocks, let management know that paying customers would like to see same ability to enlarge chess clocks along with board size...

astronomer999
Scion5 wrote:

Does anyone else find the clocks WAY too small for bullet chess? I find it almost impossible to play the game and watch such tiny clocks. Clocks need to be 3X larger and situated in middle of board... 

How many seconds of the game do you waste on clockwatching? Got to be a disadvantage.

Not as big as sticking the clock in the middle of the board 'though. Great for a practised blindfold player, but I'd rather see where the pieces sit

Scion5

please be realistic..do you play bullet much? watching clock VERY important!   Of course i meant clocks would be in middle of board ABOVE and BELOW the actual board...

MrEdCollins

I'm bumping this thread, because it's a valid suggestion which hasn't been implemented yet.

Scion5

thx Ed..i keep sending staff personal requests but answers are trite or non-existent or inaccurate..one staffer told me they do enlarge?! Huh?  Does he actually play on the boards?  Anyway, thanks for taking time to respond...

SirLewis

I would love to see larger clocks.