Forums

Like Button

Sort:
faithfulltrav

Hello,

It would be nice in forums to have a like button, similar to Facebook.

Thanks and God Bless,
Scott 

kco

it won't work. 

faithfulltrav

And....why not?

kco

for example: I have troll here who is a low lifer, he create many accounts, he could easily round up his friends to give me the thumb down on every threads I've made. b) many peoples love trolls they'll just give them the thumb up no matter what, lame.  

Narz

I've suggested the same, I also think you should be able to downvote trollish comments.

Narz

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/voting-up-amp-down-comments-for-the-betterment-of-chesscom

bronsteinitz

Great idea.

Like button and possibility to comment a posting would be fun.

faithfulltrav
kco wrote:

for example: I have troll here who is a low lifer, he create many accounts, he could easily round up his friends to give me the thumb down on every threads I've made. b) many peoples love trolls they'll just give them the thumb up no matter what, lame.  

Hey kco,

If your comments are on the up and up, the vast majority of people will give you the thumbs up not down. If a few ignorant people give the thumbs down on an intelligent post, who cares?

faithfulltrav

Both thumbs up and down should be enabled. Thumbs down should be as Narz stated on his post at the above link, "If enough folks (say 4) downvote a comment on someone's profile, it becomes blocked".

Instead of starting this thread I should have gone to Narz's: http://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/voting-up-amp-down-comments-for-the-betterment-of-chesscom

Sorry.

Narz

Staff might be able to merge the two threads.  I don't mind you starting your own thread, I'm too wordy & my threads tend to not pick up the necessary momentum. Smile

manavendra

Let's not just copy and paste ideas from other websites. Since, this is a chess site, the only options available to vote should be !!, !?, ?!,??.

Narz

lol, very clever!

royalbishop

Like Button? I like to put a twist on that idea.

"I like you resign as this is a lost game"        Real truth.

"I like you to resign and have a rematch"     Polite version.

AndyAlcott

If someone makes a funny joke I'd like to show my appreciation with a 'thumbs-up'!

A like button would be a great addition to the chess.com forums.

netzach

You think so?

Great!