Sort:
TheSlyHunter

+1!!!

katmardu

+1!!!

MoonlessNight

+1!!!

Farnel

I am adding another vote to the many wanting to see 45/45 as a standard live chess time control option.

Uphigh100percent

+1 vote.Why it would be a problem for the site?It would be great for than and we would not need to go to another sites to play 45/45...

Coach-Bill

Well, I throw in my 2 cents. My blog series "How the internet has changed chess" addresses time controls. The history is given and internet chess servers have shortened them! 45 45 was originally 60 60, which is representative of what you find in real in person competition. 45 45 isn't!

In short, the stated goal of Dan Heisman's and my group is to see more standard chess played, Between his group, and my new 365 days per year group, we will get chess.com to notice, and I posted the solution to get even more standard chess played in my blog series. Its 5 parts now, and all information is there. It's a long read, but worth your time, thanks for your time.

SirIvanhoe_2

Come and play in the Slow Chess League at the Dan Heisman Learning Center. We are the original Slow Chess League on Chess.com and offer time controls you want as well as actual tournament competition and other ways to play. And, we support this effort to add G/45+45 and other standard time controls including G/90+30 to the available time controls for live play without having to use custom settings. In addition, our DHLC Chat Room Chess Club is a great way for a casual game, chat, and analysis without formal signups.

TMHgn

All the DHLC slow chess events are very well organized. 

Among other things, players who do not play by the rules get sanctioned. The result of this is that the people sticking around for more than a single game are pretty serious about the games. Which serves precisecly the purpose.

Retrodanny
CorfitzUlfeldt wrote:

The trouble with longer timecontrols on the internet is the jerks you can end up playing. If you play a game of 5 0 against them, they can waste 5 minutes of your evening. If you play a game of 45 45 against them, they can waste your entire evening.

It would be fine to have such a time control, but I would only play it in something resembling the Team4545-league. Not against some random guy.

"roll-over" time controls can probably help with that

SirIvanhoe_2

Here's my blog on playing slow chess on Chess.com:

http://www.chess.com/blog/SirIvanhoe/slow-chess-is-here-right-now

EvgeniyZh

+1 to 45|45, 60|0 and 90|30

TheIndomitableKan
[COMMENT DELETED]
yucca

FYI there now is a 45/45 option in live chess.