Forums

Need better searching

Sort:
ElizaLulu

It's be great if there were more advanced search options for the forum. The one I'd most like to see is to be able to search for a specific user's posts in order to properly post stalk people! I know we can see ones they started from their profile, but it'd be nice to be able to see what posts they've contributed to as well.

oinquarki

Not that I don't like stalking, but what exactly would this allow you to do?

artfizz

Professional stalkers use Google search - see stop-looking-and-start-finding-tips-for-searching-the-forums.

ElizaLulu
artfizz wrote:

Professional stalkers use Google search - see stop-looking-and-start-finding-tips-for-searching-the-forums.

Yeah, but do the forums get crawled enough that you can find someone's posts from the last couple of days on google? It just seems to me that this is functionality that ought to be built into the forums... and to be able to search just the post subject, posts in a certain date range, etc... normal advanced search functionality, you know?

artfizz

Also see #2, #24, #25 here ... tally-forum-annoyances-ii.

ElizaLulu

Using google totally isn't working out. It doesn't seem to keep up/index enough.

I demand better post stalking tools!

ElizaLulu
ponnupazoozu wrote:

Are you suggesting that chess.com shouldn't enable me? Innocent

artfizz

It seems that not everyone wants to be found ...

why-is-it-still-possible-for-people-to-find-us-on-the-interactive-map

in-response-to-concerns-about-privacy-at-cc

can-i-see-a-map-of-all-the-people-i-have-played

where-to-post-about-searching-of-partners

navigating-the-chesscom-ocean

member-search---how-to-improve-it