Forums

New sound system

Sort:
FaithShattered

Who the hell is the programmar who made these sounds? There seems to be some ulterior motive. He/She might want to tarnish the image of chess.com. Please re-install the old sounds.

RetGuvvie98

about the 'new sounds'   - - classic FAIL.

many of the features of this once chess oriented site were recently changed.     Personally, I do not like many of the changes, but am not considering moving elsewhere as this site beats yahoochess and many other sites all to heck.

now, it seems to be somewhat more 'facebook-crowd-oriented' and less about chess.

change is going to happen, however, not all changes are viewed as 'improvements' by a lot of the users - it would seem (from the comments here).

maybe they will add options to select the features many users liked in the previous edition.

personal opinion only above.

DaljeetSidhu

Dear chess.com

I have been member for more than 2 years. I never went to any other chess site except yours. Because I thought this site was a perfect chess site and I admired the intelligence of the architects of chess.com. But now I am forced to rethink my opinion again since you introduced new sounds effects.

Thanks

chessplayer11

The options should have a dropdown list for each sound with included <none> if you don't want a sound played at all for a particular move/action.

And of course a play button next to each so you don't have to play a game to even hear it.

DeepGreene
chessplayer11 wrote:

The options should have a dropdown list for each sound with includedif you don't want a sound played at all for a particular move/action.

And of course a play button next to each so you don't have to play a game to even hear it.

We have a ticket for user-selectable sound schemes - but as yet, no ETA.

We'd also need more themes...

- Waterfowl of the Pacific Northwest?

- Name That Aircraft?

- Super Mario Chess?

- Cat In The Chandelier?

RetGuvvie98

how about "Return to the previous sounds" ?  (all of them)

alternatively, since there appears to be quite a few who dislike the new ones intensely, return to the previous ones the next server restart, and then work out the bugs to allow choices on the new sounds.

chessplayer11
DeepGreene wrote:
chessplayer11 wrote:

The options should have a dropdown list for each sound with includedif you don't want a sound played at all for a particular move/action.

- Name That Aircraft?

- Super Mario Chess?

- Cat In The Chandelier?

Visual themes? Sound themes?

What would 'Name that Aircraft' be? I have no idea what that even means.

And this ticket is from two months ago with no ETA in sight.

How about a new ticket. Stop changing things until you can first change it back or allow people to?

Why are games started and ended with a fart anyway? April 1st was a while back.

Kiss-of-Death1

The new sounds are horrible.I hate them.

Quiroga

HARG! These new sounds makes me sick lolMoney Mouth

Quiroga
mwoo23 wrote:

I just won a game and was rewarded with a fart sound.

JAJAJAJAAJJA,good one lol

Hades
DeepGreene wrote:
chessplayer11 wrote:

- Name That Aircraft?

- Super Mario Chess?

- Cat In The Chandelier?

DeepGreene, I appreciate your sense of humor here, especially in light of something so trivial as sounds, which people will eventually get used to. The sound has been changed on this site before, and I don't hear those people complaining (I suppose maybe they left over such an issue); most don't even remember the changes. I'd also like to cast my vote for Super Mario Chess, mostly for nostalgic reasons. ;)

chessplayer11

That was a joke? How can you tell with all the changes and bugs. I just noticed that you can't quote anything that is in <angle brackets>. Undecided

Hades

I'm sure they have a ticket in for sound schemes, you'll just have to have a little patience. In the mean time, use this thread in a constructive way to let your prefered sound scheme be known. I'm guessing a few may appreciate crying baby sounds. Maybe age 4 months to two years? 

Hades
NicoloPags wrote:

who even came up with these horrrible sounds?

Staff did. You miss the memo?

chessplayer11
Hades wrote:

I'm sure they have a ticket in for sound schemes, you'll just have to have a little patience.

Is two months patient enough? Frown

Ineedanewusername1
DeepGreene wrote:
chessplayer11 wrote:

- Name That Aircraft?

- Super Mario Chess?

- Cat In The Chandelier?

Does anyone else find it odd that this is the only reply to this post from the staff. Do they care what we think? There is no thread in the forums about the love of the new sound system because it is unanimous that the new sounds are a mistake.

LINKIN_PARK

new sound is like toilet flash sound plz chnaged everything dont change sound they r perfect. or make a option to select sound if staf like the toilet sound more lol :(

LINKIN_PARK

new sound is badddddddddddddd terible

BornMisfit

Thanks you chess.com . Now you welcome me with a fart sound and whether I lose or win you reward again with the fart sound. Great work!! I very much liked these toilet sounds.Thank you once again for keeping good work.

monsieur

Please revert to the old sound !!!!!