Forums

Please place a limit on making draw offers.

Sort:
dorhinj

Why is it annoying? It makes no difference, just keep playing. I don't understand, you can just ignore them completely.

wanmokewan

Because that's what she does. Now she'll insult me based on my rating.

Rose-Varian

had a numbnut offer me a draw every move after he dropped a piece, then wrote garbage notes after the game and blocked me!

Lol

RG1951

I was offered a draw the other day in an "online" game, once upon me taking my opponent's last rook, leaving only his King and two pawns against my rook and three pawns, promoting one of which was a simple task and then again once I had promoted a pawn to Queen and his last pawn was gone. Even if I had blundered once, I was still virtually certain to win. He may have had in mind a possible stalemate, for which I was carefully watching out. He may have hoped that I would accidentally click on "accept", instead of "no draw". Whatever his reasons, I was left feeling somewhat annoyed.

Subscript

I mostly play on my iPad and the draw offers pop up and block you from moving until you make a selection

I_Am_Second

Just make a move, and the draw offer goes away.

aman_makhija

CM DavidReti, by playing a move the draw offer gets instantly rejected, so why do you care? Just ignore it.

dividendinvestor

There should be no limit, it is psychological warfare.

llama
solid_style wrote:

Come on DavidReti, do you really think it was not clearly a draw? Maybe you think you had winning chances?

Well, yeah, most of that 3 vs 2 endgame was a win for black. Maybe if you weren't so busy being rude offering multiple draws you'd stop to evaluate the position properly.

aman_makhija

Zoom into focus mode. Put your sound off and problem solved!

2Ke21-0

How about having separate buttons for draw offers and draw claims.

Martin_Stahl
Chess4PK wrote:

How about having separate buttons for draw offers and draw claims.

There is no need anymore. Triple repetition of position and 50 move draw claims are automatic now. Have been for a while.