Forums

The Good Sportsmanship Trophy

Sort:
67jedichessmaster

I think that the symbol of the Good Sportsmanship Trophy, should go back to the two hands together, shaking after the game. I think it represents the true meaning of Good  Sportsmanship, than the symbol of a trophy. What do you guys and girls think ?

King_Rotund

Agree, for sure. 

E-Pigs

Agreed

Pr0c3550r

Win,No Win, Draw, I always give a Trophy, Good Sportmanship is one of them.

Cool

claudelejuen

clapsed hands would seem an appropriate trophy

vikram_j

trophy

after getting it your opponent smiles(happy)

karangtarunasemarang

yes.....

vikram_j

SmileSmileSmileSmileInnocentInnocentSmile

TheGrobe

But what about the sarcastic version?

Noobiest
TheGrobe wrote:

But what about the sarcastic version?

Ooh, I would love that! Can we have one?

fburton

I suppose hugging would be considered unmanly and against the spirit of chess? (I mean the sort of low-level stuff one sees between e.g. tennis players. There is precedent in other sports.)

eddiealright

for sure Jedichessmaster, well said brother!

AweLalagato
Oh, please create a sarcastic version... So many people let the time run out these days when there is forced mate.
calcot

I personally think good sportsmanship in chess is a bit ambiguous, is someone a good sportsman when they say "good game" or "well played"? In soccer it is considered good sportsmanship to give the ball back after the ball has been played out for an injury, translating that to chess is difficult....

Maybe if when I am drunk and play a bad move I should state that and see if the opponent does not take the stupid queen/rook/knight/bishop, then I promise to send them a Good Sportmanship trophy!!!!

calcot

PS I am always drunk.

UVF02368
AweLalagato wrote:
Oh, please create a sarcastic version... So many people let the time run out these days when there is forced mate.

Have some tofu!

chasingthecrown

say what