Forums

Windows 8

Sort:
Snar

I just recently got windows 8 and i like it a lot.

But in the store, there is no chess.com app.

Can someone please make a chess.com app for windows 8/windows phone 8 and use the live tiles to tell you if you have any games/messages etc.

I know that this is a big request but i imagine that i am not the only one who thinks there should be a windows 8 app, and it's not like windows 8 is dying, it will increase a lot.

Snar

For now though, i pinned this website to the start screen, can you make it so it shows if i have any games or messages?

lasertswift

I would love to see the Chess.com app there too.  I really liked the Surface but would would not like it if I couldn't use the Chess.com app.

chessracerace

bump! would love to see an app for Windows 8 even if it were just a touch friendly UI running on x86 but prefer both arm and x86 support. We'll see which of the major chess sites is first to Win 8.

Snar
chessracerace wrote:

bump! would love to see an app for Windows 8 even if it were just a touch friendly UI running on x86 but prefer both arm and x86 support. We'll see which of the major chess sites is first to Win 8.

yup, chess.com better not lose 8

lol

Tgatz85

+1  I would love to see a wp8 app.

adnsrz

I am with you guys.  Windows 8 app please.  Thank you.  

chessracerace

Windows 8 represents the first true platform to being able to carry a full OS on a tablet that weighs 1.5 lbs. or less, and has 10 hours of battery or more! Don't miss your chance to be an early adapter Chess.com

JG27Pyth

I've got windows 98 that's like 90 better than windows 8. I'm set. 

adnsrz

@JG27Pyth - This is a Windows 8 request topic.  What are you doing here?  Also, this is about windows phone 8; what does windows 98 have to do with anything?

baddogno
Suarez0523 wrote:

@JG27Pyth - This is a Windows 8 request topic.  What are you doing here?  Also, this is about windows phone 8; what does windows 98 have to do with anything?

It's called humor, a staple of the forums.  Lighten up, even a Luddite like me got it.

drobin04

Other chess servers have ALREADY made windows 8 apps; lets please get to it.

chessracerace
DougsAThug wrote:

Other chess servers have ALREADY made windows 8 apps; lets please get to it.

There are already over 50 chess apps for Windows 8. A couple of months ago, there were maybe only 25. So it is growing quickly

Tgatz85

I wish chess.com would at least respond and let us know if they are working on this.  Do chess.com staff even read the forums?  I have never gotten a reply on the forums from anyone who works for this site.

kohai

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/chesscom-windows-mobile-beta

Snar

what about a normal, win8 desktop version?

kohai

We don't have a desktop version sorry. I run a beta version of win8 (over my win7) and the site works fine on that.

DazedKnight

+1

I posted this same topic on the Diamond Members forum a few weeks ago... a desktop / phone / tablet app for Windows 8 would be much appreciated.

kohai

I did ask about a desktop version but no go at the moment sorry :(

DazedKnight
kohai wrote:

I did ask about a desktop version but no go at the moment sorry :(

All good things in time!