x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Carlsen v Bu FIDE World Cup 2017 - Why is this black's win?

I'm not a master rated player by any stretch of the imagination... but I do not see how black is "winning" this game:

Can't white win with a capture of the rook by the knight, and then a rook-king endgame verses the bishop-king?

If the knight captures the rook, the h pawn is unstopable. If 37.. CxG1 h2 38 ... h1 

Ra1 couldn't do anything for carlsen.. just he watch the losing game..

I showed this game to a club I go to every Sunday, the unstoppable pawn was pointed out.

What a nice move!

...two faithful apostles of GodMa..! it is a great work but anyway f4 it is hardly believable to be a strong move! the graphic it has a contrast with the pattern of the board position and some other animals that I use to the experiment are sensible to other moves that I didnt doubt before!

ciarli wrote:

...two faithful apostles of GodMa..! it is a great work but anyway f4 it is hardly believable to be a strong move! the graphic it has a contrast with the pattern of the board position and some other animals that I use to the experiment are sensible to other moves that I didnt doubt before!

Yeah... I agree...

Not only is the h-pawn unstoppable but white can't save his knight either.

You
    This game makes me worried to play h3 as white in the opening.

i dont know

Online Now