Forums

Closed Catalan Tournament (1200-1650)

Sort:
Coe

I have just started a Closed Catalan Tournament for faster players in the 1200-1650 range. You must have a time/move of 5 hours or lower and have played at least 25 games. I'm still in a tournament where everyone has completed their games except for one person who moves once every 3 days and has finished none of his, and it is very frustrating. I'd rather avoid this. If any of you feel the same way and would like to practise the Closed Catalan, please register at:

http://www.chess.com/tournament/closed-catalan-tournament

Accepting 12. 

KedDuff
Theres always that 1 person.
Coe
4 Remaining seats!
neneko
Did you really need to make 3 topics about it? (no this is not a application)
Coe

If I broke any rules, I would very much like to hear about it. I made sure to check that I was within the chess.com rules, but if I missed something please let me know and provide a link. Otherwise, yes - I believe I'm reaching a wider audience by posting in three relavent forums.

If I am not within chess.com rules I will be happy to delete two of these topics.

neneko
I don't know about breaking any rules. I just find it in bad taste to do it like that. There is a forum for posting tournaments, people that's interested in joining a tournament will look there.
Coe
I strongly disagree with my actions being in bad taste. I am simply trying to reach a wider audience. If one does not wish any more details on my tournament, simply ignore the post - I have no problem with that. If you want an example of bad taste, I think you should read some of cheater_1's posts.
FerrusKG
Coe wrote:

If I broke any rules, I would very much like to hear about it. I made sure to check that I was within the chess.com rules, but if I missed something please let me know and provide a link. Otherwise, yes - I believe I'm reaching a wider audience by posting in three relavent forums.

If I am not within chess.com rules I will be happy to delete two of these topics.

You were accused in nothing, but you began defending yourself. It means deep in your soul you feel guilty Wink . ( this is not application either)

Coe

I'm not sure what I should be feeling guilty for, my friend. I was responding to what I assumed to be someone who took exception to my creating three topics on three different boards. I was worried that I may be breaking a rule that I was unaware of, so I requested to be alerted to that fact if it was true, since I don't want to be causing trouble. That is not an admission of guilt (or deep-soul guilt for that matter), it is simply a courtesy.

I'm not sure why people keep stating that their post is "not an application." You don't need to apply to my tournament, you need to simply join. You were not offered an application, yet you reject it anyway. Maybe this means that deep in your soul, you want to join my tournament. ;)

FerrusKG
Coe wrote:

I'm not sure what I should be feeling guilty for, my friend. I was responding to what I assumed to be someone who took exception to my creating three topics on three different boards. I was worried that I may be breaking a rule that I was unaware of, so I requested to be alerted to that fact if it was true, since I don't want to be causing trouble. That is not an admission of guilt (or deep-soul guilt for that matter), it is simply a courtesy.

I'm not sure why people keep stating that their post is "not an application." You don't need to apply to my tournament, you need to simply join. You were not offered an application, yet you reject it anyway. Maybe this means that deep in your soul, you want to join my tournament. ;)

Yes, deep in my soul I do ;) I'm in 1900s, unfortunately. 

Though look at it this way: may be it was just courtesy to show you I'm not joining, so that you will be able to keep track of participants easier, right? 

Coe
Hahah touche. Thank you for the courtesy.