Forums

The Candidates Tournament!

Sort:
Scottrf

"It could well be played in India."

Carlsen said: "For place I hope somewhere nice!" Laughing

Probably not then.

fburton

I'm sure there are some nice bits in India.

TetsuoShima
Scottrf wrote:

"It could well be played in India."

Carlsen said: "For place I hope somewhere nice!" 

Probably not then.

lol but they have cool beaches in india, also the tea garden regions surely look nice

Zinsch
PIRATCH wrote:

Carlsen said: "For place I hope somewhere nice!" 

It could well be played in India. Or did Anand ever had a chance to play a WCC in his own country? If I'm not wrong I guess he didn't! 

I don't know whether there is going to be some sort of home field advantage oder disadantage. In my opinion, a neutral country would be best, so that the location of the venue does not affect the match.

jesterville

One would imagine that a neutral venue would be selected, the only problem with this is that recent WCC contests have not done so. Anand played Topolov in Bulgaria...without any complaints. If lady luck now swings to Anand, and the venue happens to be India, I would not contest it at all...although the Carlsen Camp would be wise to do so.

Scottrf

I think India is being given first dibs.

Ruby-Fischer

I heard India did not want to host it, they failed to come up with a venue within timescale... cant remember where I read that.

SmyslovFan

Anand has shown his willingness to play anywhere. He even travelled to Bulgaria to face Topalov even though Anand was the world champion! It would be great to have the match in India. But I don't know that the location matters much as long as the accomodations allow both players to be comfortable and eat the food they're used to eating.

wtf_BobbyF

im hoping USA... somewhere near Mexico... maybe i should try to convince Carlos Slim to host hit, he surely cleans his nose with 100$ dollar bills

TheOldReb

I wonder if Carlsen would refuse to play in India or Anand would refuse to play in Norway ?  I think Norway would offer a huge sum of money but could be wrong . I believe Norway is hosting the next chess Olympiad ? 

wtf_BobbyF

how about North Korea?

Ruby-Fischer

25 October. The Indian Express reported that the All India Chess Federation did not act during the three-month window provided by FIDE to exercise the "first option" to host the final. FIDE Vice President Israel Gelfer commented that "the venue of the match will be decided when AGON, which has the rights and the obligation to organise the cycle, chooses and announces it

waffllemaster

I've heard having the WCC in your home country isn't necessarily a benefit.  IIRC Topolov talked about the added pressure and Anand mentioned if it were in India there would be added pressure.

pdela

I think more natural site to play is London, only problem there have been too much events there ultimately, thought that has not been a problem in some occassions before, Khanty-Mansiysk being clear example

The city includes the Ugra Chess Academy, which has been the venue of the World Chess Olympiad in 2010 and the Women's World Chess Championship 2012. In 2010, the Olympic Hotel was built just to house the players in the Olympiad. It also hosted the 2005 Chess World Cup, the 2007 Chess World Cup, the 2009 Chess World Cup, the 2011 Chess World Cup and the 39th Chess Olympiad in 2010.

pdela

Cause other countries may not be interested because of the lack of a local player.

Germany is another clear option, being familiar place for everyone playing the Bundesleague, Bonn hosted the Kramnik - Deep Fritz, and there are several other important cities who could host it.

pdela

My guess is that the match will not be hosted in America because it would be hosted in a quite different time zone that the one corresponding to the countries of both players in the contest

pdela
Ruby-Fischer wrote:

25 October. The Indian Express reported that the All India Chess Federation did not act during the three-month window provided by FIDE to exercise the "first option" to host the final. FIDE Vice President Israel Gelfer commented that "the venue of the match will be decided when AGON, which has the rights and the obligation to organise the cycle, chooses and announces it

Kramnik second was a good guess.

can you tell me 6 numbers from 1 to 47?

-your nº1 fan

Ruby-Fischer

Pdela, you remembered my prediction.. mystic Ruby says....

2, 10, 15, 23, 32, 39...    :o)

Half if you win?

pdela
Ruby-Fischer wrote:

Pdela, you remembered my prediction.. mystic Ruby says....

2, 10, 15, 23, 32, 39...    :o)

Half if you win?

60-40 and I invite you to Spanish tapas somewhere in Spain

jesterville

...a storm is on his way...

Stormbringer is coming