Forums

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Sort:
Benkobaby
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:
Benkobaby wrote:

As Black I never play the Nimzo or the Bogo .... like a dog unable to resist chasing its favourite ball I always play 2. ...c5! after 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4. I can't help myself - it's a pavlovian response.

And since you play the Benko, I'm guessing you play 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 c5 3.Nf3 cxd4 4.Nxd4 e5!?

Is that the Vaganian Gambit? I've never played it but it looks very interesting! To tell you the truth I have very little experience with 3. Nf3 and limited experience with 3. d5 b5 4. Nf3 - My opponents invariably push 3. d5 and accept at least the first pawn - many of them then follow up with 5. e3 (after 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 c5 3. d5 b5 4. cxb5 a6) which used to be called the "Modern Variation" (IM Pinski calls it the "wimps line" and GM McDonald calls it "anaemic" Cool) My higher rated opponents almost always play the Epishin Variation of the Benko (10. Rb1!) which I've found to be a veritable Benko Party Pooper!

But you've now given me something to study and prepare for - Thanks!

ozzie_c_cobblepot

@Benkobaby Take a look at Aronian's well-annotated (in ChessBase, and in NIC) win over Sutovsky.

http://www.chess.com/games/view?id=4404852

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1478867

Benkobaby

Thanks mate!

pdela

do you think this is the correct place to discuss about openings?

Doggy_Style
pdela wrote:

WTF!? Laughing

Benkobaby

We could always revert back to pillow talk ... or talk of pillows.Innocent

trysts

Yesterday's game was so fun!

Stevie65

What time does it start today?

trysts

4:00 am eastern standard time. 9:00am gmtSmile

Stevie65

Cheers!......Jees! Did you set the alarm for 2am?  To get all the necessaries in place..Popcorn,seating arrangement,beverages of a sort.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Hey that's only a little bit over an hour for me.

Stevie65

A quick wash and a cup of coffee..Just enough time to engage the brain.lol.

pdela

good morning trysts!

pdela

trysts escribió:

4:00 am eastern standard time. 9:00am gmt

You look a goddess tonight

trysts

Good morning! I just got done watching "Portrait of Jennie"--really neat filmWink Here is the position on the fourteenth move:

Stevie65

What the one with the spooky mirror?

Stevie65

That was an interesting second for white

trysts
Stevie65 wrote:

What the one with the spooky mirror?

No mirror, it's kind of philosophical about time and speculative about love, illusion and reality, with Jennifer Jones and Joseph Cotton. It wasn't a movie to watch if you have to turn your mind to chess immediately. The movie is still going through my mind. 

The position is interesting:

CalamityChristie
pdela wrote:

yes, talking about vaganians is popular here.

trysts